Web Press Buyer
PageWide Industrial's Web Press business unit is both an exciting and challenging place to work. Web Press is a young dynamic organization focused on delivering game-changing printing technology to various printing markets.
As part of the GSB Procurement team in Corvallis Oregon, you will manage order lifecycle management with our suppliers. Your main focus is working with our suppliers to guaranty assurance of supply and cost accuracy for our business. Additionally, you will get the opportunity to manage KPIs, strategic projects, and/or commodities.
As a buyer, you will work in a dynamic and changing environment. You will need to be flexible and adaptable. You will need to be able to resolve immediate urgent issues, maintain your day-to-day responsibilities and continually develop & optimize the workflows in support of business objectives.
Initiative, collaboration, communication skills and an ability to rationally manage many objectives simultaneously will be key to your success.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Provides complex-level procurement support using subject matter expertise of a few technologies and knowledge of multiple technologies.
- Solves complex issues and drives tactical and strategic initiatives, such as leading process standardizations; executing program strategies; or coordinating integration of small acquisitions.
- Monitors programs, delivery solutions, key metrics, and process oriented tasks; identifies issues and proposed solutions with limited guidance.
- Collaborates with or leads teams to maintain and enhance the current business objectives, such as cost- management.
- Provides independent, analytic, and strategic support.
- Mentors lower level contributors.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
- Global experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes.
- Strong analytical and technical aptitude.
- Strong business application skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of corporate compliance.
- Good project management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top