At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Customer Experience Portfolio & Strategy (CEPS) at HP is looking for talented visual design lead who will be leading visual experience and services through tightly integrated technologies at a global scale worldwide.
As a Visual Designer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for innovative software products. Day to day tasks will include leading new visual design explorations, creating visual design mockups, creating mood boards, and working with product managers, UX and interaction designers to understand requirements. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As a Visual Designer, you will work on exciting projects alongside the talented professionals within CEPS product teams. You will gain valuable experience and engage with a cross-disciplinary team to contribute to the conceptualization, design, and specification of innovative consumer products.
- Experience in leading visual design development, shipping products, and developing strong visual design concept work.
- Expert knowledge of visual, typographic, grid system, and interaction design disciplines and principles.
- Skills in motion, illustration, and concept creation/visualization strongly desired.
- Sophisticated design, layout, and typographic skills.
- Excellent sense of color, scale, harmony, balance, and use of negative space.
- A demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite graphics and Sketch applications.
- Familiarity with user-centered design principles, methodologies, and user research.
- An online portfolio revealing thought process and an ability to rapidly generate creative ideas, with samples of original graphic or visual design work.
- Ability to create design mockups at high quality with fast turnaround, and ability to iterate quickly to visualize and evolve visual design solutions.
- Need to be receptive to constructive criticism, and be able to internalize and make design revisions based on feedback from design leaders and design colleagues.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Ability to distill complex concepts and then quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of simple, elegant, and technically-feasible options.
- Lead other visual and collaborate with interaction designers to create supporting UX designs.
- Create detailed print documentation and specifications of user experience concepts and visual design specifications.
- Work closely with Software team to support prototyping activities with visual design mockups/assets, to capture and resolve bugs, including resolution of UX Design inconsistencies, incorrect or missing graphic resources, etc.
- Be prepared quickly to grow into increased responsibility and autonomy as you demonstrate skills and reliability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Aptitude and cultural fit to inspire and collaborate within the multidisciplinary team (see Desired Characteristics for more detail).
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE OR EDUCATION:
- Based on experience, background and candidate fit / desired characteristics.
- Bachelors or Masters in Graphic Design, Visual Design, User Interface Design, Architecture Design, Video Game Design or an equivalent design degree
Back to top