Vendor Account Manager
Role reports to the Director, IT Vendor Management Office. Role will partner across HP IT Functions, Global Procurement and Finance to coordinate the development of strategic procurement and negotiation plans for key technology and labor categories for the IT Vendor Management Office, and drive vendor management activities across the vendor management life-cycle.
Focusing on existing and new strategic value opportunities, leads the overall strategic review of externally provided goods and services and manages contracts and negotiations with senior members of IT Functions and key partners. This position will be responsible for establishing direct relationships with key vendors, negotiating competitive business terms and driving IT solution selection. In addition, the Account Manager must be exceptional customer and category advocates with proven ability to negotiate complex business terms, develop and manage relationships, drive results and demonstrate competency with business and financial analytics. The Account Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with important partners and vendors, as well as with internal cross-functional teams.
- Establishes and manages IT vendor strategy by working with key strategic HP partners: IT functions, Global Procurement, and financial organizations.
- Leads discussion on IT strategy, IT supplier development and performance, negotiations, business relationships, quality, cost, assurance of supply and predictability. Leads executive level sessions providing thought leadership to internal partners and external suppliers.
- Manages and optimizes supplier performance, including contract compliance, continuous improvement, innovations, and reduction in total cost of ownership.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with supplier(s) while effectively resolving supplier performance/ capability issues to ensure alignment with expectations.
- Drives the IT strategic Vendor Management governance processes for areas of responsibility. Consults on governance, strategy and transformation, in addition to operations.
- Develops category sourcing opportunity assessments and strategies based on changing market conditions for assigned supplies. Applies advance sourcing methodology in negotiation planning and contract development.
- Builds and owns relationships with internal partners, ensures regulatory compliance, mitigates company risk and contributes to cost stewardship.
- Establishes and manages contracts, metrics, and service level agreements
- Executes supplier performance management strategy and methodology, including delivery of Supplier Business Reviews (SBRs), and supplier performance and development plans
- Contributes to the development of IT technology and service roadmaps by integrating Strategic Vendor capabilities, offerings and pricing. Ensures strategic negotiations are managed to meet roadmap requirements.
- Leverages vendor performance ranking processes and reporting to drive evaluation of vendors.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to less senior staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum 7 years related experience in vendor management, finance and/or IT.
- Bachelor's degree in business, or computer science or related field equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Broad knowledge of IT, business standards and best practices.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to Executive Leadership for large, complex projects. Works with individuals at all levels within the company with focus on executive levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical experience.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving and detail oriented.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Managing Vendor and Key Partner Relationships – Ability to build and maintain strong alliances and support across the key strategic HP partners.
- Negotiating – Advanced competency in negotiation planning skills with the ability to apply key procurement components. Demonstrated competencies and knowledge of contracting skills, contracting principles, laws, regulations and industry standards. Anticipating and then skillfully mitigating conflict when it arises.
- Influencing – Ability to bring others to your way of thinking without force or coercion.
- Delivering Results - Ability to plan and organize self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets. Is determined to deliver outcomes and is able to overcome obstacles in order to move forward.
- Business Knowledge/Analysis - Takes into consideration short and long-term business needs when developing reports. Proactively seeks out data, transforms it into usable information and ensures it is used to make informed decisions.
- Communication - Superior written and representational skills. Ability to clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences including executive management.
- Collaboration – Drives measurable progress through collaboration and knowledge sharing. Opens channels of communication across IT/non-IT organizations to facilitate sharing of knowledge and ideas.
- Problem Solving/Analytical - Synthesizes information from multiple sources to analyze forecasts, actual s and trends.
- Work Independently - Performs analyses to produce reports that support projects, initiative life cycle tasks, and financial management for processes.
- Managing Change - Identifies process flaws and recommends and helps drive change to increase effectiveness. Actively seeks and disseminates information on change in order to minimize resistance.
- Continuous Learning - Conducts formal and informal reviews where successes and mistakes can be distilled into "lessons learned".
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top