VAT Manager for EMEA
VAT is a global resource shared by all parts of our business to help them become better managed and control their transaction taxes. We provide VAT consultancy and training, supervise VAT reporting, manage VAT audits and ensure that we all comply with legal, tax and internal requirements.
We have developed a strong and unique in-house VAT team to support our rapidly growing and re-engineered businesses. VAT Specialists form part of the tax department, whose mission is to provide accurate, timely financial information on the Company to management and tax authorities in the countries in which we operate. You will provide VAT planning and consulting services, lead and implement VAT relevant projects, manage risks and balance business needs, support audits and compliance, and build productive working relationships within the Company.
Your main focus will be:
- You will be a member of the EMEA VAT team reporting directly to the EMEA Indirect tax Director (part of the Global Tax organization)
- You will support HP's VAT practice in EMEA, acting to some extent as a sounding board to the VAT Compliance SSC as you will be co-located with SSC employees
- Provide VAT guidance and training to finance, SSC and colleagues from business and logistics to ensure compliance with VAT requirements in EMEA
- Identify and minimize VAT issues arising from internal reorganizations and supply chain structures
- Identify opportunities to improve compliance processes and reduce VAT costs for HP businesses
- Ensure a high quality service is delivered by maintaining very good relationship with country tax leads, SSC, finance representatives and other stakeholders
- Keep up to date with VAT legislation, practice and developments in your country, the EU/EMEA and evaluate any VAT impact to HP business
- Be a key participant within the worldwide HP Tax group identifying, analyzing and implementing the best solutions for the Company as a whole
- Bachelor's degree (undergraduate) or Master's degree (graduate) in business/economics/law
- Tax advisor certificate or similar
- Practical experience of around 3 to 5 years in VAT/Tax, within a multinational company, accounting firm or equivalent
- Experience working with limited supervision and managing complex projects
- Fluency in English
- Consulting and communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Focus on quality
- Decision making/problem solving
How will we help your personal and professional development?
- We don't label you or your performance we look to help you grow your unique potential
- Special annual Finance Days and Executives Coffee Talks dedicated to innovation in the profession and pushing the boundaries of your business acumen and leadership skills, directly hearing from our Chief Finance Officer and other key executives
- Skills Champions Development program lead by passionate volunteers in our team to help you learn while they learn from you as well
- Talent management program and Learn2Lead training workshops to accelerate high-potentials career development
- New disruptive technology introductions sessions
We love our work environment. We think you will too because it's awesome:
- It's a friendly atmosphere with supportive leaders to bring your creativity to max
- Work-Life balance support including flex-time arrangements and work from home opportunities
- Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives to help you make an impact to communities at large
Your additional benefits package:
- Medical package for you and your closest family
- Life insurance package
- Wellness program, Multisport card and free coffee, tea, sandwiches and fruit
- Special offers from theatres and cinemas
- HP employee product and vendors discount program
HP is a fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top