UX/IX Senior Lead Designer
- San Diego, CA
At HP, user experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful product experiences that people love to use and welcome into their home or business. We strive to learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create.
As a Senior Ux/Ix Designer for the Services & Solutions team, you will collaborate closely with other designers, researchers, product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight HP products' unique capabilities and personalities. As a UX/Ix lead, you will contribute to the Services & Solutions roadmap, drive future concepts, and deliver improvements to current applications.
You should have an inspiring portfolio, great design sense, a love for complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should work both in software and in the physical world. You have to enjoy translating Ux research and specifications into Ix principles, patterns and specs that are resilient, leverageable and reusable across the different services and solutions that we ship creating true engagement and delight to our customers.
- Strategize, brainstorm, and define key features for HP products, services and solutions.
- Translate abstract ideas, research findings, analytics data, and business requirements into meaningful and tangible design deliverables.
- Responsible for all stages of user experience design and development for a portfolio of complex products and services, including experience/information architecture, validation, and experience specifications.
- Become a role model for younger Designers in the team and stakeholders around design best practices, processes and tools.
- Define user experience research at various stages, communicate research findings to design and product development stakeholders
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with user experience design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and user experience.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall user experience design leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new methodologies and design language into projects and activities in the user experience design organization.
- Lead multiple project teams of other designers and internal and outsourced partners. Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners on user experience design and development.
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Factors, User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience in digital design in the service industry and ecommerce.
- Broad experience applying human center design methodologies to a portfolio of multiple information technology and consumer products or service designs.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Broad understanding and experience in designing and implementing research and data collection plans for user experience testing and acceptance.
- Reviewing and evaluating designs for alignment with overall product architecture; recommending and implementing changes to designs and technology to improve product quality and overall user experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Ability to effectively communicate user experience data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options at senior management levels.
- Strong skills in creative design tools (Sketch, Creative Suite, Pen & Paper, etc.).
Back to top