US HP Shopping Commercial Product Manager
The position is located in Boise Idaho or Sunnyvale/Palo Alto, CA.
- Owns a product line, with full responsibility for revenue and margin, for ship-to-order as well as configure-to-order products
- Aligns product offering with target customer segment, considering market trends and competitive landscape
- Acts as the product expert, with deep technical understanding, engaging with the Global Business Unit counterparts
- Determines the assortment, defining specifications, configurations, and pricing, conducting sophisticated financial analysis
- Manages new product launches and sets promotional plans throughout product lifecycle
- Drives sales and margin on a real-time basis, incl. upsell and cross-sell of components, accessories and services, applying sophisticated analytics
- Engages closely with marketing and merchandizing to bring product to life
- Maintains sales forecasting to manage inventory
Capabilities and Experience
- Deep domain expertise in commercial category management
- Passion for technology, understanding of underlying PC technologies
- Strong customer advocacy and understanding, awareness of tech trends
- In-depth knowledge of marketing elements (product, pricing, promotion, positioning)
- Understanding of eCommerce and a direct sales environment
- Highly analytical and structured, comfortable with sophisticated data analysis
- Track record of producing measurable results
- Thriving in fast-pace environment with real-time decision making
- Strong financial and analytical skills, understanding of P&L drivers
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade; strong team player
- Extraordinary drive, confidence, risk taking; positive, "can-do" personality
- Bachelor's degree and 3-8 years related experience, or Master's degree and 2-5 years related experience
- About HP Shopping
Hewlett Packard is the market leader for PC's and printers in the United States. Within the Printing and Personal Systems division (PPS), HP Shopping is HP's direct face to its customers.
The vision for HP Shopping is to become a prime destination for learning more about HP's products and the underlying innovation in the personal computing space, as well as being the place to purchase HP's latest products. While we are currently working to re-launch our HP.com store, we are looking for top talents to join our team.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top