US Channel Business Planner
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The US Channel Business Planning team works with channel sales leadership, product category teams along with a wide range of internal support organizations to define, manage and operationally execute business plans against defined strategic objectives. As a member of the Business Planning team, this position engages closely with channel sales leaders to drive business execution excellence on a daily basis. This individual will work closely with the US Channel Partner Sales team to develop and enhance business management information reporting capabilities and create analytics that provide insight to drive and improve business performance. This is an early career position to develop and promote candidates into higher level planning and strategy roles. The candidate will learn and participate in a wide range of HP business planning and operational activities.
You will work in a complex, demanding and rapidly evolving environment that requires analytic dexterity, the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities and be comfortable working and driving change with individuals ranging from individual contributors to Directors and VPs.
- You will be responsible for driving the weekly forecasting process, analyzing a continuous stream of complex and detailed data to identify trends and tracking and assessing the on-going performance of the business.
- The individual in this role will work closely with a number of sales leaders to develop, execute and evaluate the effectiveness of business plans, evaluate compensation plans and coverage alternatives and define and drive projects to increase operational efficiency.
- You will be expected to construct reporting and financial models, utilizing data from a variety of sources, with minimal direction, to objectively assess partner business performance relative to internal plans, similar partners and versus the market.
- In addition, the individual in this role will provide on-going business operational support, including ad-hoc projects, for one or more route-to-market sales teams.
- Engagement with individuals within the channel sales team as well as across functions ranging from finance, sales comp, sales operations, business planning, market intelligence, and others is essential to gain a broad understanding of this very complex business and be able to provide insightful recommendations.
- Managing large data sets, from multiple sources, and being able to summarize and present your findings to an executive level audience will be one of your keys to success.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 2-4 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area.
- First level university degree.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage data requests.
- Strong analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Demonstrated business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to utilize information and data from multiple sources/disciplines, triangulate and synthesize findings and prepare concise summary for senior sales leaders.
- Developing project management skills.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top