United States Business Notebook Channel Category Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Within the US category team, the Business Management and Channel GtM team is responsible for running the business by delivering on financial and share targets quarterly and annually. This role is an important contributor to the Business Notebook team as the subject matter expert on notebooks, supporting our largest commercial channel partners to successfully sell HP products every day.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work closely with channel Partner Business Managers to educate both internal channel sales and partners on HP notebook product roadmaps, positioning and pricing to meet or exceed quarterly financial targets
- Conduct both face-to-face and web-based training for partners to educate marketing and sales teams on new commercial notebook product launches, security features, product and accessory roadmaps, and quarterly programs.
- Ownership of Smart Buy portfolio for select BNB families, including product selection, sku creation, pricing and promotions needed to meet or exceed quarterly financial targets
- Represent channel partner needs / requests to internal teams: category business management, NA product management team and GBU where applicable
- Evaluate HP portfolio versus the competition, using both quantitative and qualitative data, to make recommendations on changes to configurations, pricing or messaging
- Analysis of NPD competitive data, including monthly and quarterly trend evaluation by family and price band, pricing recommendations
- Creation and execution of targeted notebook promotions to support specific category sales goals
- Travel required 25% of time
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelors degree in Marketing or Finance; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Typically 8-12 years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning experienced preferred.
- Consumer and/or Commercial Partner management expertise. End User Acct management as an alternative.
Knowledge and Skills:
- IT industry knowledge.
- Business planning skills, multidimensional.
- Financial planning and modelling skills
- Strong communication skills at senior management internally and externally.
- Knowledge of promotional marketing processes and practices.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers/partners.
- Leadership skills and cross functional expertise (sales, supply chain, marketing.
Back to top