UEFI System Firmware (BIOS) Development Engineer
HP develops high-performance Workstations based on Intel architectures, running Windows and Linux. Through a combination of industry leverage, strategic partnerships and unique customer value-add, HP is the world leader in the Workstation business. Come join us in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado.
As a firmware engineer in HP Workstations, you will design, develop, debug, and maintain UEFI system firmware to provide innovative firmware solutions to our customers. You will work in an exciting, high profile, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment. You will work with the latest unreleased hardware and software technologies and will have excellent opportunities to gain a wide breadth of experience.
Ideally, you have background in firmware and hardware. You must be experienced in C programming and interested in low-level code development. You must have solid troubleshooting skills and a strong drive to reach root cause on difficult technical issues. You need to be team-oriented, be innovative, possess a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, be quality-conscious, and have excellent communication and technical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Master's Degree is a plus
Desired Experience and knowledge
- 0 – 5 years of professional experience in firmware development
- Strong C programming skills.
- Experience with BIOS, firmware, microcontrollers, embedded systems or other low level code.
- Interest in working with in-target probes, debuggers, protocol analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, firmware and software architecture.
- Knowledge of PC industry standards.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, solid code that can be maintained by others.
- Strong debug and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and tight schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and get things done.
- Passion about quality and putting customers first.
- Candidate must be a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top