UC Collaboration Product Management
- Spring, TX
UC Collaboration Product Manager
The Commercial PC business, part of HP's Personal Systems Group (PS) is a dynamic growing business. We are a high-growth, fast paced business within BPS responsible for $18B across notebooks, desktops, convertibles, displays and accessories. As part of the future solutions team, you will be responsible to understand unified communications landscape/architecture, define new software concepts and features within our collaboration portfolio, partner with industry leading collaboration platforms (Zoom, Microsoft, Cisco) to realize the HP vision for Office of the Future. The role will require managing deliverables through the collaboration software planning lifecycle - from concept planning through product planning definition closure, while driving a smooth transition to product launch and end-of-life execution and transition.
This position requires depth of experience working with technical products and understanding software development cycle. Experience in OS/SW integration, understanding of image building, driver development, UC protocols is desired. You will need an understanding of IT management or ability to decipher IT and UC engineering needs in deployment and management of conferencing solutions. Any experience with video conferencing infrastructure is beneficial. A high-energy individual, with a natural tendency to collaborate with various stakeholders and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis and with a passion to make things happen, will be a perfect fit. Ability to think out of the box as well as work in a fast-paced environment is important to being successful in this role
- Own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas and determine which ideas should be promoted into features to push the product strategy forward
- Define the why, when, and what of the product that the engineering team builds
- Lead cross-functional teams from a product's conception all the way through to its launch
- Ensure we are building solution components that are elegant, re-usable and future-prepared
- Work with the S/W & HW engineering teams to develop and deliver the right SW category offerings for the solution roadmap
- Collaborate and drive sales enablement activities with partners
- Understand industry dynamics and drive a competitive pricing strategies
- Integrate activities across the value chain to launch compelling 3rd Party SW
- Work with regional teams to design and create appropriate go-to-market capabilities
- Enable the field to sell solutions by providing them with crisp value propositions, solid training and collateral materials
- Drive solution and marketing activities to ensure competitiveness, and increase external awareness in target markets
- Well-versed at competitive analysis and driving insights on the competitive landscape
- Ability to crisply communicate at the senior exec level (all forms) and drive program engagement and influence at that level, and across workgroups
- Focus on solution, business and partnership growth opportunities Identify compelling SW category offerings and solutions that integrate with the collaboration portfolio and differentiate to drive increased profitability
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree in engineering/technical field of study preferred
- Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-7+ software product management experience
- Experience defining, building, and launching complex S/W systems/platforms/features
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of conferencing/collaboration landscape and ecosystem
- Familiarity with meeting room systems, conferencing S/W, collaboration S/W
- Experience with IT and AV engineering (from S/W point of view)
- Familiarity with API, analytics, firmware, driver & OS integration
- Thorough understanding and mastery of basic marketing principles and product development process. Previous experience in high-tech/ video conferencing/audio-visual/personal computers marketing is a plus.
- Strong ability to empathize with customers and understand their key pain points and needs
- Proven experience in successfully managing high-volume product categories is a strong requirement.
- Ability to effectively work as a leader in a cross functional team environment including business and product development, supply chain and procurement processes and execution dependencies.
- Aptitude for using an analytical approach to business evaluation and problem-solving - with the understanding of how to effectively communicate proposals, results and implications to management teams and external partners.
- Strong product thinker renowned for customer and technology centric product vision
- Exceptional ability to execute and influence the direction of a product/technology vision and roadmap. The successful candidate should have a track record of influencing successful product/solution vision/roadmap and executing to a plan
- Capability to collaborate with and manage external partners in the product development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and expertise in communicating with international partners
- Strong leadership and influencing skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams
Back to top