Transition Consultant III
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Establishing and ensuring that appropriate TTM processes are used/followed (such as reporting, risk management, lessons learned, quality, escalating, communications etc.) as listed in the SOW.
- Managing the Transition program for all HP functions (MS, HR, Procurement etc) and co-ordinates all the PMO internal and external project activities.
- Leading the overall Transition/Transformation team during Pursuit and/or Transition/Transformation phases of the deal.
- Manage/support Transition Managers in execution of Transition (project) activities.
- Selecting and assigning Project Managers to head each aspect of Transition/Transformation including: Technical Towers, HR, Finance and administration, Assets, 3rd party contracts, Governance, etc..
- Assisting in acquiring staff and material resources for the Transition/Transformation programs and associated projects.
- Ensuring that all Transition/Transformation Project Plans are consistent, congruent, and integrate with the overall Deal Project Plan and customer Transition/Transformation plans. Lead and manage the execution of the Project Plans.
- Financial management for Transition/Transformation activities, including setting budgets, approving forecasts. NOTE - budgets are set by the OSC and OC - TM collects cost data from Tower Leads.
- Supporting the Project Managers of Transition/Transformation projects in developing each project's scope of work, estimates, schedule and risk.
Education and Experience Required:
- Has 3+ years Project Management experience.
- Typically new to Transition/ Transformation work; has background in IT
- Preferred to have but must obtain once hired Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Must have an Undergraduate Degree. (Preferred fields include Business, Computer Science, IT/ IS, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent combination education or experience)).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of ITIL or ITSM.
- Project management skills.
- Risk Management skills.
- Skilled at Transition Rollout.
- Knowledge of TTM.
- Lead Projects.
- Apply effective project management methods.
- Analyze and resolve problems.
- Focus on customers.
- Design and deliver presentations.
- Influence management in defining customer needs.
- Negotiate effectively.
- Manage Transition/ Transformation project financials.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top