Tools and Business Planning Analyst - Entry level
The MPS Business Planning & Analytics team is responsible for leading the data management and analytics that create business insights, inform business decisions, and drive financial performance.
The MPS Tools and Business Planning Analyst will play a key role in developing new tools and capabilities for data delivery and communication throughout the organization. In addition, an important part of this role will be to drive key business insights and analysis into the MPS organization to help management understand the drivers and opportunities of current and forward-looking performance.
As a key member of the MPS Business Planning & Analytics team, this role will also help lead various adhoc business analyses and executive presentations. This role may include some standardized executive insight reporting.
- Create and drive dynamic business modeling that provides insights into short-term and long-term MPS performance
- Actively participate in the MPS “Single Version of the Truth” initiative
- Simplify and summarize complex analyses and information into clean, concise, and understandable presentations at an executive level
- Support various adhoc requests from all levels of management
- Must be willing to work U.S. time zone to ensure collaboration with current data and system analysts
Knowledge and Skills
- Solid background in business analytics and data modeling
- Financial acumen
- Ability to translate data into business insights and recommendations
- Strong experience with both Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to present complex concepts clearly & concisely in multiple forums and to multiple layers of management
- Strong teamwork and facilitation abilities
- Self-starter with ability to drive projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to influence without authority
- Capability to work on multiple high-priority projects while prioritizing workload to meet commitments
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Accounting, Math, or related field. MBA a plus.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top