Thin Client Product Planning Manager
The HP Thin Client team delivers products and solutions that help customers transform their business as they move to the Cloud. We are a small, fast-moving team that works in an ever-changing environment.
As the Thin Client Product Planning Manager, you will be responsible for driving business growth by understanding key customer trends and requirements and creating the right product definition to meet those requirements. The role will require managing deliverables through the product planning lifecycle - from concept planning through product planning definition closure, while driving a smooth transition to product launch and end-of-life execution and transition.
Within the Thin Client Product Management team, the specific responsibilities include:
- Gathering and understanding key customer insights
- Performing analysis of technology and market trends while developing a market growth opportunity analysis within the industry
- Lead ideation sessions within the group to generate ideas of how to solve customer problems
- Collaborating with other product managers across different businesses to create complete product solutions.
- Document required features and lead feature trade-decisions based on product vision, customer needs, market trends and technology capabilities
- Creating and managing effective content and processes for product positioning and messaging for regional partners, sales force and channel partners
- Working in partnership with downstream product management teams to ensure we have a strong story and strategy for Go-to-market and external launch messaging and positioning
- Consistently perform competitive analysis against top industry players to ensure our lineup is differentiated and competitive
- Support growing the business plan and manage products/solutions to meet revenue and profitability goals in line with team targets.
- Partner cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, industrial design, regions, and other product teams
Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
- Thorough understanding and mastery of marketing principles and product development process.
- Strong ability to empathize with customers and understand their key pain points and needs
- Ability to effectively work as a leader in a cross functional team environment including business and product development, supply chain and procurement processes and execution dependencies.
- Aptitude for using an analytical approach to business evaluation and problem-solving - with the understanding of how to effectively communicate proposals, results and implications to management teams and external partners.
- Strong product thinker renowned for customer and technology centric product vision
- Exceptional ability to execute and influence the direction of a product/technology vision and roadmap. The successful candidate should have a track record of influencing successful product/solution vision/roadmap and executing to a plan
- Capability to collaborate with and manage external partners in the product development process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and expertise in communicating with international partners
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree, *Master's (graduate)degree in Business Administration, Marketing or non-business/technical field of study preferred
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top