Thin Client Business Development Manager
The HP Thin Client team delivers products and solutions that help customers transform their business as they move to the Cloud. We are a small, fast-moving team that works in an ever-changing environment.
The Business Development Manager is an essential member of our team. As a Business Development Manager, you will utilize your in depth knowledge of the VDI ecosystem to create partnerships that enable new routes to market and drive incremental Thin Client revenue. You must be proficient at seeing the big picture to create compelling business cases that generate enthusiasm with potential partners. You will be responsible for building a pipeline that spans multiple partners, vertical segments and use cases.
Irrespective of the vertical segment, a focused drill down to the customers' collective pain points, requests and forward looking needs is a must. A deep understanding of that vertical's process flows and their own product/service and adjoining GTM strategies is needed and will have to actively be pursued. This may entail innovative approaches, collective testing / development coordination and extended interactions with sister teams in partner organizations as well as within HPI as a whole. Not only will you need to have the drive to get it done, but in many cases, create a way to make it happen in the first place.
- Create and manage ecosystem partnerships that enable new routes to market and drive revenue (System Integrators, ISVs, HSVs)
- Develop and measure sales pipeline aligned to partnerships
- Create high level business plans tied to unique vertical segment opportunities
- Define GTM metrics/goals/ benchmarks and track/report progress against them
- Develop/define customer segmentation strategies and customer experience plans and execute/monitor them
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- 7+ years Business Development, Customer Segment Management, and or Product Management experience
- Proven track record of creating and managing partnerships that enable new routes to market and drive revenue
- Demonstrated experience working with selling partners, R&D or customers
- Agency, sales and/or channel experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth VDI ecosystem knowledge is preferred
- Expert knowledge of business plan fundamentals
- Well-developed understanding of the industry, offering categories and HP offerings/strategy
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working with marketing, sales, partners, and R&D
- Proven experience leading, driving and measuring virtual teams towards a common goal
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company, including senior management
- Strong analytical skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top