Thin Client Alliance Manager
HP Thin Client Alliance Manager
The HP Thin Client team delivers products and solutions that help customers transform their business as they move to the Cloud. We are a small, fast-moving Global Business Unit that works in an ever-changing environment. We are building a product management organization that is obsessed with our customer: analyzing the competition, driving innovation and thinking about the end-to-end customer experience to bring products that deliver the best price, features set and value proposition to our customers around the world.
The Alliance Manager is an essential member of our product management team and responsible for defining and executing the innovation and integration agenda for Thin Client with external partners such as Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Cisco, Imprivata, AWS. You will utilize your in depth knowledge of the VDI ecosystem to create partnerships that enable new routes to market and drive incremental Thin Client revenue.
You must be proficient at seeing the big picture to create compelling business cases that generate enthusiasm with potential partners. Irrespective of the vertical segment, a focused drill down to the customers' collective pain points, requests and forward looking needs is a must. A deep understanding of that vertical's process flows and their own product/service and adjoining GTM strategies is needed and will have to actively be pursued. This may entail innovative approaches, collective testing / development coordination and extended interactions with sister teams in partner organizations as well as within HPI as a whole. Not only will you need to have the drive to get it done, but in many cases, create a way to make it happen in the first place.
- Create and manage ecosystem partnerships that enable new routes to market and drive revenue (System Integrators, ISVs, HSVs)
- Ensure alignment of key technology and business model areas
- Create high level business plans tied to unique vertical segment opportunities
- Define GTM metrics/goals/ benchmarks and track/report progress against them
- Develop/define customer segmentation strategies and customer experience plans and execute/monitor them
- Facilitate the exchange of required information and documentation and lead collaborative meetings and teleconferences between internal personnel and outside partners to resolve emerging issues and technology transfer.
Education and Experience Required:
- BA or BS in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing or insights
- Business development experience and Strategic Alliance experience
- Proven track record of creating and managing partnerships that enable new routes to market and drive revenue
- Demonstrated experience working with marketing, sales, partners, and R&D
- Proven experience leading, driving and measuring virtual teams towards a common goal
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth VDI ecosystem knowledge is preferred
- Expert knowledge of business plan fundamentals
- Well-developed understanding of the industry, offering categories and HP offerings/strategy
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company, including senior management
- Strong analytical skills
Back to top