At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads multiple project teams of other test engineers and internal and outsourced test partners responsible for all stages of systems, equipment, and device testing, including solution and test plan design, validation, tooling, test execution and results evaluation.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced partners for systems, equipment, and device testing.
- Reviews and evaluates product designs and project activities for compliance with technology and testing guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback based on results to improve product quality and mitigate risk of product failure.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall test engineering leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the test engineering organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
- Extensive experience with industry standard toolsets, including those related to cloud services
- Developing and applying software engineering best practices and methodologies
- Experience evaluating new HW and SW technologies for the purpose of R&D alignment and solid test coverage
- Provide technical leadership for the Validation organization, as well as cross-GBU.
- Drive quality across all disciplines, providing guidance, feedbacks of validation complexity, and suggestions to improve quality practices across the GBU
- Collaborating on the implementation of test automation strategy and other test tools
- Define and apply innovative test strategies, test technologies, and novel test automation approaches to drive the overall quality of the system
- Knowledge and ability to collaborate and translate the business understanding requirements, architecture and development specs, into real-world use case scenarios
- Stay up to speed on process, practice and technology developments to ensure they are brought in-house to enhance the solutions applied to the testing processes and methodologies
- Evaluate NUD front end preparedness and ensure alignment across R&D and marketing
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Typically 6-10 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with testing tools, automation, and software packages.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Conducting reviews of material specifications and hardware and electrical component design.
- Evaluating forms of empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate product designs and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate testing architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at senior management levels.
Back to top