Technical Sales Consultant
Responsible for technical consulting work with customers in selling and supporting HP products, services and systems, or software. Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and customer training.
- Will be responsible for delivering net new account wins across the corporate, public sector, mid-market and specific Industry verticals
- Within customer accounts, candidate will have responsibility for positioning HP solutions from our Personal Systems Group access devices offerings, focusing on the HP Workstation Product offerings – Deskside Workstations, Mobile Workstation Class notebooks, Professional / specialized displays and other offerings.
- Sales candidate will drive revenue and profit to position our company for continued growth within the industry making HP successful.
- You will champion the engineering innovation from our Workstation Product offerings to make our customers more productive, collaborative and industry leaders utilizing HP Platforms.
- You will understand HP portfolio of award-winning products and develop strategies to drive / discover new and existing customers opportunities
- This is a client facing, Product Specialist Sales role requiring deep industry experience, the ability to identify, pursue, and close new business, and have expertise working large opportunity deals at all levels of Corporate employee organizations.
- Build partnerships with existing, current and new workstation customers by coordinating the efforts of sales, opportunity management, marketing and pre and post sales technical support to maximize growth and revenue for HP Workstation Solutions.
- Builds & executes operational plans for Workstation PC products and options.
- Works within teams for ongoing analysis of metrics with for workstation business performance & relevant actions and recommendations.
- Maintains competitor analysis to identify business opportunities, provide insightful & actionable outputs across products, markets & competitors - includes product positioning & SWOT analysis.
- Delivers Subject Matter Expert support to sales & marketing teams, on both technology & products.
- Experience to identify and pursue new acquisition opportunities - plan and execute acquisition activities in the workstation area along with sales / account teams
- Experience with business development, or sales / marketing experience in the IT industry (software and hardware)
- Proficient in being able to sell the value of Personal Client devices - Workstation & associated solutions; Understand Workstation & associated solutions technology and its practical application/ contribution to customers' requirements.
- Business analytical skills
- Negotiation and communication skills
- Experience in working with Reseller channel partners / Distribution and specialized Software / Hardware industry partners
- Experience in/or with Digital Media Entertainment/Oil and Gas Sector will be an asset
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top