Technical Program Manager
- Vancouver, WA
Technical Program Manager - Software Platform
HP Print Software Platform and Solutions TPMO is looking for passionate candidates who will provide leadership to define, develop, and deliver complex software and solutions bridging multiple assets, organization and functions.
- Drive new software projects through the development process
- Lead technical design and architecture discussions across cross-functional teams
- Work with business teams and product teams to translate business requirements to technical software requirements and specifications
- Work with platform/asset teams and portfolio managers to break down technical requirements to executable Initiatives and Project Epics
- Enable clarity on customer experience related non-functional requirements (usability, performance, security, etc.)
- Work with software architects to develop a deep understanding of existing / new technology capabilities to address customer needs
- Organize and track jobs, clarify project scopes , manage project escalations, and problem-solve
- Develop user stories with developers and manage backlog
- Influence others across the organization to remain focused on desired outcomes and deadlines
- Review and test code to ensure it works properly
- Generate targeted reports for different internal and/or external audiences
- Anticipate risks, carry out in-depth risk assessment and develop mitigation / tradeoff plans
- Assume responsibility and drive ownership of issue resolution and process improvements across lifecycle and digital ecosystem
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields is required and a master's degree is a plus
- 5+ years of software development experience (including FW, Mobile/Web, Cloud, or Data)
- 3+ years of experience in technical program management or other engineering discipline delivering SW products through multiple release cycles
Knowledge And Skills
- Experience in the creation of functional specifications and building plans to deliver
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen, understanding of organizational strategy, and successful experience managing all aspects of cross- business unit programs, including communicating with internal and external stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Ability to effectively communicate program management architectures, plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at business unit levels.
- A high degree of flexibility - willing to fill in the gaps rather than relying on others
- Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize workloads
- History of innovation with examples of developing new technical, engineering and/or manufacturing processes.
Back to top