Technical Ink Manufacturing Chemist – Specialist Position
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Technical Ink Manufacturing - Specialist Position
Job Description Summary:
The technical ink manufacturing team has accountability to deliver on HP's quality promise and assurance of supply (AoS) commitment for 160+ released inks in the management of our external ink suppliers. We achieve this as well as our annual cost saving goals through executing continuous improvement of our many quality and business processes in partnership with our ink business team. We partner with the ink R&D teams on the transition to manufacturing (TTM) of new inks. To support a recent decision to manufacture some fluids in Corvallis, the team also has this accountability which includes bringing up a new facility and upgrading the proto lab's quality systems to meet R&D program needs and ongoing manufacturing requirements (AoS and quality). Collaboration with west coast and worldwide partners across R&D, supply chain, pen-printer teams, and operations is critical in successful delivery of our objectives to the printing business. Lastly, we are in the PSM lab within ATPS and having a growth mindset with a continuous improvement approach at the individual and team level to further oneself and the business is fundamental to how we do our work.
- Provide fluids manufacturing process engineer support with particular focus on scale-up, qualification and release to production activities for the new facility.
- Technical leadership and ink expertise to determine options and selection of candidates for ink reformulations to meet AoS, quality and cost objectives.
- In partnership with the ink business team ensure utilization and improvement of business and quality processes in supplier management for quality, AoS and cost.
- Drive continuous improvement in ink qualification processes working with WW partners to meet AoS, quality and cost saving goals in efficient manner.
- Working with our R&D ink partners, support NPI and the utilization of TTM documents to enable a smooth transition, solid release, and stable manufacturing.
- Solve common and complex technical issues in a strong, cross functional environment. Be well versed in LPS techniques as well as knowledge of TOC tools and methods.
- Apply program management processes and have strong communication skills to lead teams in tactical delivery while influencing management in strategic directions
Education and Experience:
- Minimum MS (preferred PhD) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Min 3 years' experience in ink development, reformulation, or manufacturing.
- Must be able to show permanent right to legally work in the US.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Technical expertise in ink chemistry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ICs and management
- Technical problem solving and strong leadership skills.
- Display good judgment and ability to make tough decision.
- Strong program management skills
- Ability to work WW across functions and sites; ability to partner and collaborate.
- Supplier management experience
- Trained auditor and experience with QSA and GMP.
- Experience with process manufacturing and working
- Demonstrate Growth Mindset; ability to take risk, innovate, provide feedback, and continuously improve in a collaborative environment.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top