Working in support of the HSBC Global Managed Print service and based in Sheffield UK you will be a senior member of the team responsible for infrastructure, applications, software and hardware. Part of a team managing the infrastructure - Configuring server applications, patching and upgrades. Testing new devices, firmware releases and software. Responding to Incident escalations from 3rd Line and the customer you will be expected to problem manage issues to resolution, escalating as required. Responsibilities to include supporting Service Delivery Manager in managing the Print Service Desk.
Hours covered are between 6am - 11pm Mon - Fri and would be expected to be part of 1:4 Standby. The role is based in HSBC Griffin House in Sheffield which has good transport links via bus, train or tram.
- Support of applications on Windows servers - Print, SafeCom, HP WebJet Admin, HP DSS, HP Capture & Route.
- Configuration and support of HP MFPs and Printers running embedded applications - SafeCom, HPCR.
- Support of customer's Windows workstation printing tools and applications.
- Troubleshooting and liaison with customer's staff, technical teams & management.
- Escalation to internal HP, 3rd Party and customer's support teams.
- Problem management.
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user's contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer- relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission-critical). .
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Evaluate unique or complex installations or configurations and make recommendations for resolution.
- Articulate clearly in writing and verbally. Add case resolution to KMS.
- Represent HP in a face to face customer location visit, industry conference/trade show, vendor meeting, etc.
- Engages team members for support as required to ensure internal or external business and end users/clients SLA demands are met.
- Develop partnership with and assist the Sales Pursuit team.
Education and Experience Required:
- Some experience in relevant technologies and customer environments or equivalent vocational apprenticeship or an associates degree.
- Relevant industry qualification where applicable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in language to be supported.
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Software and hardware knowledge of computing, storage and peripheral devices.
- Advanced proficiency with case management databases and tools.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience and knowledge
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top