Team Manager, Software Product Management
HP's Customer Experience & Portfolio Strategy (CEPS) group creates software that amplifies the value of every HP purchase by empowering customers with new and differentiated experiences. We are driving personal computing in new directions with a focus on customers and quality. We enable innovative features and experiences that others have not identified. We think ahead, strategize, create, test and make it happen.
Doing this well requires great product leadership. We are currently in search of a product management leader with 5-10 years of experience leading teams that create end-to-end software experiences. The right candidate will help us better understand our customers, define strategy for new computing experiences and guide teams to get products into our customers' hands. You will use functional expertise, leadership and influencing skills to inspire the organization towards the future of computing.
As the senior leader for all facets of software product management, you will own product strategy, definition and requirements as well as team culture and development. You will guide the general strategy for internal software development by working closely with counterparts in design, engineering and business leadership across HP. Your team will deliver products on Windows, Android and iOS.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at HP. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
Responsibilities & Performance Profile
- Lead a team of at least 5 product managers on at least 4 ongoing programs.
- Help us see the future. Champion user-centered design across Personal Systems with a strong sense of industry trends, thought leadership and functional excellence.
- Think big. Free yourself from today's constraints and market environment. Describe large, disruptive opportunities and collaborate with your team and business leaders to exploit them.
- Intuitively understand and drive experience strategy. Spend time and energy diffusing this knowledge.
- Be creative. Establish a high standard for CEPS.
- Lead the generation of product strategy, definition and requirements. Know how to tell stories and when to herd cats, while excelling at both simultaneously.
- Evangelize and communicate persuasively. Create concepts that are impossible to ignore. Use customer insights while also tapping into other biases, beliefs, and triggers to convince the powers that be to part with headcount, money, or other resources and then get out of the way.
- Prioritize incisively. Balance offensive and defensive projects appropriately. Channel multiple points of view.
- Support Scaled Agile development by keeping deliverables on time and on target. Scope work accurately.
- Execute. Grind it out. Do whatever is necessary to keep the organization focused and shipping.
- Rapidly learn, apply and build upon new technologies. Use frameworks and pattern recognition to develop the technical fluency of your team.
- At least seven years of product management experience involving software and hardware.
- At least five years of successful experience managing others while leading product outcomes, people and strategy.
- Fluency in creative and business languages alike.
- Veteran leadership and teamwork skills. Your peers are naturally drawn to you.
- Persuasive arguments and story-telling come naturally to you. You are a master craftsman, turning ideas into an inspiring pitch with ease.
- You are detail oriented yet mentally agile, technically fluent and naturally curious.
- You have executive presence without fear.
- You work well independently but prefer to be part of a team – instinctively knowing what must be done and when to take initiative.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Your personal attributes include passion for contributing to team success, inspiring evangelist, impatient for results, mission-driven, and unquestioned ethics.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top