Talent Management Business Lead - SBM and Finance
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage employee activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Manages activities of individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, manages and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members' primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Position typically reports to Director or above.
- Provides leadership and management to a global team of program or talent managers, including hiring, goal setting and performance plans, coaching, and development.
- Acts as a key member of the talent management leadership team to design and implement programs and processes that align with enterprise-wide requirements.
- Makes key decisions with global impact in all areas relevant to talent management; contributes to developing and monitoring the enterprise-wide talent management strategy.
- Develops change management strategies spanning across program offerings, and provides direction on execution.
- Communicates programs to senior management, organizes and participates in key information summits, and oversees content updates in relevant portals.
- Assesses the ongoing effectiveness of multiple programs including managing overall program costs and tracking key metrics.
- Refines strategies and develops new solutions to improve cost efficiency and achievement of the success criteria.
- Leads major process improvement and strategic proposals from within the business and functions to determine enterprise-wide viability
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in advisory in policy and long-term goals of the organization.
- Ability to plan, manage, and monitor high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff
Additional Job Description
- Executive slating and onboarding
- Executive succession planning (Executive/Director levels)
- Executive coaching and development
- Organization and leadership team development
- Proactive talent assessment, reviews, movement, profiles & pipeline management
- Performance management program implementation
- Operating model and organization alignment
- Partner with HR business leaders to set strategic talent priorities, and
- Collaborate with business executives, learning and executive recruitment teams to deliver on strategic priorities.
- Use people data to inform strategic decisions and draw meaningful insights
- Performance consulting & strategic program implementation
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors in business and/or human resources related discipline; Masters in OD, Organizational Psychology, HR or business strongly preferred
- Experience in Human Capital, Talent Management, OD or HR consulting
- Demonstrated experience in executive selection, onboarding, coaching and development
- Demonstrated experience interacting with and advising Directors and Executives in a dynamic, ambiguous, matrixed, global environment
- Experience delivering complex programs to a large business, preferably global
- Typically 2+ years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated HR and/or talent management consulting experience
Top 5 Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge, skills and experience in talent management practices globally to include job responsibilities (above)
- Analytical thinker with the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively, and leverage data to draw meaningful insights
- Solid business judgment and ability to execute on a daily basis with a bias for prioritization and action
- Organization Design/Performance Consulting
- Team Leadership
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top