Taiwan Logistic Manager
Applies advanced Customs Operation and in-country delivery subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads a broad range of complex logistic processes, such as local delivery, import/export operations.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and leads/develops recommendations and provides insight for management.
- Independently executes complex demand and supply matching activities, connecting planning to execution, and identifying issues and their impact.
- Works cross-functionally to prioritize backlog.
- Partners with global business units and supply bases to generate and deliver demand signals.
- Leads cross-functional regional and LSP teams to maintain and enhance the current business processes.
- Defines and reviews performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement actions to address.
- Contributes to priority projects by adding creative insights and developing recommendations.
- Communicates requirements and guidelines to the LSP
- Mentors junior-level in plants and establishes guidelines for the mentorship programs.
- Leads and manages a Regulatory Trade Compliance program.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 10 years of experience in a Logistic function.
- Broker's license and/or +5years of experience in a customs/global trade function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
- Identifies cutting edge analytical tools, models and methods for making key business decisions.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Very Strong project management skills, with capability to manage cross functional teams in multiple geographies.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong understanding of HP's overall supply chain strategy.
- Excellent understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of delivery modeling and analysis.
- Strong leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management.
- Excellent understanding in developing and managing a trade compliance program.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top