Systems Engineer - Specialist
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
Personal Systems Global Operations(PSGO) Supply Chain requires candidates with experience in developing Custom Image Services (Windows and Linux). You will be responsible for worldwide end to end configuration services deployment. This role has daily operational deliverables. Flexibility to participate in EMEA and APJ time zone meetings is a must.
Good and effective communication skills to interface with worldwide stakeholders is a must. The position is directly involved with the installation, configuration and qualification of images. This person participates on cross-functional teams to assist in the design and delivery of technology services. The position requires excellent problem definition and resolution skills, is a self-engaged, self-motivated personality that sees change as an opportunity.
If you are our System Engineer / IT Delivery Engineer in India , you will have a chance to
- Develop, Implement and improve those processes, coordinating and executing change control processes that apply to the deployment of images. Accountable and responsible for new image configuration request through standard defined processes.
- Expertise on Desktop imaging (Creating and Deploying Windows 10) using WAIK/ Windows ADK with MDT 2010/MDT 2012 and higher, SCCM 2007 & SCCM 2012, Windows Deployment Services.
- Participates in complex technical assistance for service requests to develop new Windows 10 core images
- Work with the global PMs and stake holders to understand the customer need and enable value creation for the customer
- Participates in recommending semi-complex upgrades and/or improvements to standardize the customer image platforms.
- Lead during requirement definition, analyze and write specifications and test cases when required.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Demonstrate value creation for the team and business by way of process improvements, automation, standardization
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives and help ensure overall product quality. Identify process bottlenecks (e.g. with requirements, design, implementation, etc.) and work with appropriate teams for improvement.
Are you a high-performer? We are looking for an individual with:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Deployment Package creation, roll out and troubleshooting experience
- 7+ years of progressive experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities
- Must have strong experience with tools like Microsoft Deployment toolkit (MDT), System Center Configuration Manger Operating Deployment (SCCM OSD) Symantec Ghost, DISM & ImageX.
- Hands on knowledge on development of secure boot, boot guard (UEFI, BIOS) is preferable.
- Strong PowerShell experience, and ability to understand other scripting languages
- Must have strong debugging and troubleshooting skills Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast pace and ever-changing global environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective communication. Good presentation skills will be an added advantage.
- MCSE & SCCM certification preferred.
Back to top