System Software Engineer II
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for software enhancements and new products. Develops software including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. Works on problems of moderately complex scope. Acts as an informed team member providing analysis of information and limited project direction input. Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action. Follows established guidelines and interprets policies. Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compliers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent a plus.
- Typically 2-4 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software systems design tools and languages.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types.
- Software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools. Knowledge of KVM's
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Advanced hardware/software troubleshooting
- Server and VM Administration - AD design and management
- Advanced network troubleshooting and configuration, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, IPV4, DHCP, DNS
- Preferred Languages PowerShell, Python, BASH, VBScript
- Scripting with Batch and automating Imaging Deployments
- Nice to have JAVA, SQL, Hyper-V, Linux Administration
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top