System Software Engineer
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
We are small world-wide team with presence in Mexico, USA, Taiwan and the Czech Republic. Thanks to time zone difference, team in each location can work during their regular working hours to gain 24x7 coverage.
Our role in HP is to support HP labs developing new products, HP factories and manufacturing partners. We support more than 1k servers world-wide at over 50 factory and lab sites. We focus on technical issues which occur during manufacturing process on factory floor or in lab environment.
Besides reactive support we monitor our systems proactively, to make sure production critical images are on factory servers on time. We continuously look for opportunity to improve the current processes and tools by apply automation techniques in ever changing environment.
Your role will be:
- Monitor HP servers, including file servers and SQL servers as well as infrastructure dedicated to Microsoft license key order and delivery; attempt to identify and resolve issues proactively based on alerts and monitoring. DBA / Server admin.
- Install new releases of HP Software tools, maintain all applications and platforms per HP security rules.
- Acknowledge requests from World-Wide HP factories, partners and R&D labs
- Solve the issue or escalate to the appropriate owner within specified SLA's.
- Manage the issue; follow up as necessary until closure.
- Develop tools and processes to increase productivity
- Look for new opportunities to automate various maintenance and deployment tasks.
Among your super-powers, do you have...?
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent is a plus.
- Passion about technology and innovation.
- Experience with SQL, PowerShell.
- Server and VM Administration.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Designing software systems running on multiple platform types (Servers, workstations, VMs,).
- Knowledge of software systems testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools are a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
- Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.
- Advanced hardware/software troubleshooting
- Advanced network troubleshooting and configuration, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, IPV4, DHCP, DNS
- 2-4 years' experience.
- Programming languages are a plus.
Do you want to make an impact?
Back to top