SW Engineer QA - Analytics
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
As a QA team member for Analytics, you will help guide the design, implementation, and quality of a major HP cloud service.
- Architecture and design of unit tests and end to end automation of our big data cloud product
- Promoting software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Guiding the quality end-to-end of the analytics pipeline for a major HP cloud service
- Generating of test plans, test cases, and test status for weekly Production releases
- Reviewing, validating, and investigating code around data analytics
- Reviewing and validating SQL scripts
- Help implement production monitoring for an HP big data cloud product.
- Promoting the Agile Process
- Contribute to the improvements of the automation framework.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically, 2+ years strong QA experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Acted in some QA capacity for a production analytics project which utilized Spark or Hadoop.
- Knowledge or Apache Spark / Hadoop, certification is a plus
- At least 1+ year experience on AWS utilizing big data services such as Redshift, EMR, Spark Jobs, Cloudwatch, Kinesis, SQS/SNS, and PyTest.
- 1+ years QA automation (any scripting and nice to have Python) experience.
- Experience with Database testing and expert knowledge in SQL / NoSQL queries
- Experience with software engineering best practices, design patterns and anti-patterns
- Experience with Jenkins job creation and execution
- Scrum / Agile methodology working group experience.
- Software testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Proven analytical skills, root-cause analysis skills, problem-solving skills, decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at management levels.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top