Supply Chain Responsibility Partner Engagement Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
HP is the world's leading personal systems and printing company, we create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Our innovation springs from a team of individuals, each collaborating and contributing their own perspectives, knowledge, and experience to advance the way the world works and lives.
We are looking for visionaries, like you, who are ready to make a purposeful impact on the way the world works.
At HP, the future is yours to create!
Supply Chain Responsibility
HP's Human Rights and Supply Chain Responsibility (SCR) team works on social and environmental policies and programs that impact the thousands of workers that make HP's products in our supplier factories. At HP we put the factory workers at the center of our supply chain responsibility program. We work with suppliers to elevate their sustainability practices and ensure workers are treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with HP's Supplier Code of Conduct and other standards. This role directly contributes to HP's goal to develop skills and improve the wellbeing of 500 000 factory workers by 2025.
Supply Chain Responsibility, Partner Engagement Manager is responsible for driving supplier capability building programs together with HP's suppliers and implementing organizations, establishing partnerships and managing stakeholder engagement. In this role you are required to understand current supplier performance, anticipate future supply chain social and environmental trends and develop and implement a partner engagement program that matches the supplier needs and level of maturity, supports HP's supply chain responsibility strategy and enhances our sustainability leadership. The position also leads activities related to partner and stakeholder engagement, including developing and fostering relationships with civil society, not-for-profit / non-governmental, program implementation organizations and think tanks.
- Develop and implement a world-wide supplier capability building strategy that covers a) supplier capacity to meet and implement HP's supply chain code of conduct and b) leadership / flag ship programs that support HP's long-term SCR strategy
- Analyze and understand the supplier needs (including data related to working conditions, audits and specific areas of non-compliance) to develop a capability building program that matches the maturity level of the supplier and addresses issues at the supplier headquarter and factory level
- Research, monitor, identify and anticipate social responsibility trends in and outside of the tech industry, develop strategy that encompasses these new trends so to ensure HP stays ahead of the game in supply chain responsibility
- Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically
- Monitor and track results of capability building, training and education programs, own and contribute towards HP's supplier capability building goal
- Develop, implement and manage stakeholder and NGO engagement, dialogue and interaction plan with relevant stakeholder groups
- Construct partnerships and collaborations with key local and national community and implementing organizations
- Influence the development and implementation of social regulations (e.g. conflict minerals, human rights expectations, etc.) as required
- Ensure effective communication of HP's key messages and strategies relating to supply chain responsibility
- Represent HP Human Rights and Supply Chain Responsibility team in external stakeholder meetings
- Support HP's customer engagement activities as required
- Contribute to HP's Supply Chain Responsibility strategy, policy/standards and tools development and implementation
- Be the SCR expert, force for good and a partner to suppliers and other stakeholders
Education and Experience Required:
- BS, BA, or Masters degree in business, public policy, communications
- Several (6-10 years) years in managing supply chain responsibility / supplier capability building program in a multinational company, or
- Several years in managing industry-partnership programs in a solutions focused non-profit or other organization focused on social responsibility, or
- Several years of experience in policy public affairs, communications or stakeholder engagement role
- International experience or experience in a multinational company / organization is a plus
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proven experience in implementing strategies with measurable results, expert program management skills
- Self-motivated, able to design and implement capability building program strategy and goals so to effectively support organizational strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and foster effective partnerships and sustained relationships with a wide range of individuals and organizations including civil society, not-for-profit / non-governmental and program implementation organizations and think tanks
- Proven success in implementing collaborative programs with different stakeholders including suppliers, civil society and implementing organizations
- Well-organized leader with the ability to make informed judgments
- Comfortable working with rudimentary direction and figuring out white spaces
- Excellent written and oral communication and expert influencing skills, demonstrated ability to successfully scale communication depending on the level of the audience expertise
- Ability to support change in complex organizations
- Passion for sustainability issues is a plus
- Mastery in English and local language (Chinese)
Back to top