Supply Chain Procurement Engineer
The Indigo NPI Supply Chain Team has opening for a Supply Chain Materials Engineer. Our charter is to support the development, introduction and stabilization of new BIDs, consumables and OMPs for the growing Indigo Digital Press business. Responsibility ranges from the support and development of new innovative materials at suppliers to the stabilization of suppliers for manufacturing release and other supply chain solutions designs to drive cost down and quality up.
This person will be responsible for working closely and collaboratively with a HP R&D team and Procurement team in the USA and Israel composed of Procurement Engineers, Commodity Managers, Buyers, Mechanical Engineers, Physicists, Chemist, Material Science and Chemical Engineering professionals as well as an external supply base to create stable, high quality products that are designed for manufacturing and meet all performance and cost goals.
This person will act not only as the focal point for supplier development but will also contribute directly to the invention and development of new types of solutions and products and will be expected to drive the development of new materials, processes and metrology at Suppliers as well as the test and qualification of new solutions and products at HP. This position requires close partnership with the Indigo Division in order to maintain alignment on project plans and status, and advanced knowledge and the use of new materials, processes, equipment and suppliers.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Commercialize new products by selecting and developing suppliers with capable manufacturing processes and gages.
- Work directly with R&D to develop materials and products that are designed for manufacturing.
- Use deep materials science and project management knowledge to introduce and commercialize new materials, manufacturing processes and suppliers to accelerate commercialization of products that are at best cost and quality.
- Align with Indigo Management on Team Objectives and Projects. Define project goals.
- Mentor and lead a team of engineers and scientists to develop new and innovative materials, formulations and supplier solutions to meet performance and cost goals, while establishing strong partnerships with suppliers to develop processes to support manufacturability of new formulations/materials solutions.
- Deliver per PDP/PLC requirements.
- Plan and execute projects using best project fundamental tools.
- Effectively influence BID, OMP, consumables and press designs (beyond material selection) to achieve the best customer value proposition.
- Drive and actively participate on the development of Materials Technology Roadmaps for BID, OMP and other Indigo consumables.
- Create powerful relationships with our partners in Israel, and transfer know how to enable Indigo to develop low cost, high quality and stable BIDs, OMPs and consumables (the HP promise).
- Contribute to improving HOW we develop products and leverage to other product developments (i.e. development effectiveness initiative).
- Promote the development of IP for HP.
- Maintain and Build a very high level of collaboration, knowledge sharing, and partnership with HP Indigo, HP Labs and HP Boise.
- Foster a dynamic work environment of team work, inventiveness, flexibility, and accountability for results. Work with team to to maximize their potential and contribution.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of Materials Development including organic and non-organic materials such as hydrin, urethanes, ceramics, plastics, resins, adhesives, thin and thick Films, metals, filter media and other chemistry formulations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of process technologies such as plastic injection molding, polyurethane and hydrin molding, toll mixing, spray coating, lamination and metal roller fabrication.
- Applies expertise to complex materials interaction and issues, providing in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Comfortable developing and advocating new solutions.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of supplier and process development.
- Exercises significant independent judgment, working within broadly defined policies and practices. Determines best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Comfortable working directly and sometimes independently with suppliers to drive success.
- Owns technical decisions for the project. Assumes technology risk in partnership with management and stakeholders.
- Contributions have visible technical impact on key business strategies.
- Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and participates in cross-functional initiatives. Working knowledge in cross-technical disciplines.
- Works across organizational boundaries.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to others.
- May represents the team to external customers/suppliers. Identifies emerging industry standards and adopts them where applicable and beneficial.
- Ability to broadly contribute in a fast-paced, industrial R&D and Operations environment.
- Strong teamwork and networking skills
- Clear & effective written and verbal communication skills that inform & persuade peers and managers
- Master's or PHD degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Polymer Science or applicable physical science discipline
- Experience working with suppliers and supply bases
- Experience in process and gage development
- Ability to lead and develop technical teams and drive for results
- Demonstrated strong project management planning and execution skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal relationship, teamwork and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and analyze strategies, and to build proposals that support high-level business strategies
- Ability to influence senior leaders and key partners
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong, effective relationships across geographies, cultures, and time zones
- Ability to partner for mutual success
- Proven ability to lead and adapt in a dynamic environment and operate across complex organizational structures
- Proven ability to work with and resolve ambiguity and bring clarity to complex issues
- 10% travel required. Ability to travel to Israel a number of times per year, and ability to attend early morning meetings (6:00 AM and 7:00 AM are common each week).
- > 5 Years of project management experience
- Full product development cycle experience
- Specific experience in polyurethane molding and chemistry
- Experience in the commercial/industrial printing market.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top