Supply Chain Finance Logistics Cost Database Developer
Supply Chain Logistics Finance
Supply Chain Finance Analysts provide financial leadership and support to the processes and teams in Supply Chain Operations and Supply Chain Logistics organization. This includes financial basics (accounting, business controls, planning and reporting), as well as financial analysis and consulting to drive business decisions that enable a world-class cost structure, optimizes shareholder value, and ensure our customer's experience is better than that of key competitors.
Logistics Cost Database Developer
Logistics Finance provides detailed cost structure to internal customers. Data will be used by
- Logistics Project Managers for cost/benefit analysis of new projects
- Logistics Finance for accrual purposes
- Logistics Finance to control payment process
- Multiple stakeholders to analyze detail in cost structure
To deliver that data LF Database Developer will need to setup database, rules within external logistics-tracking software, develop costing rules within the database.
Developer will be also responsible to take E2E ownership including booking accruals for logistics expense, cover compliance areas and audits, track external company KPIs, challenge status-quo for long lasting Payables process.
Integrated part of that role is ongoing process improvement and logistics project participation.
- Maintaining and developing logistics database
- Interlock coordination for improvements within Payables and accrual process
- Support continuous improvement within finance and outside
- High value business support & analysis
- Provides analytic support to business initiatives
- Developing, maintaining, and improving the critical cross-organization linkages and processes to ensure that decisions and actions maximize overall HP returns
- Leadership of Finance Supply Chain development activities
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics recommended or equivalent experience
- Typically 3+ years of experience as a financial analyst or/and database developer
- May have experience in more than one finance function
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Basic understanding of accounting processes and principles
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Very good business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Database MS Access experience
- SQL will be major differentiation
- Visual Basic will be differentiator
- Interest to develop both technical and analytical skills
Your additional benefits package:
- Medical package for you and your closest family
- Life insurance package
- Wellness program, Multisport card and free coffee, tea, sandwiches and fruit
- Special offers from theatres and cinemas
- HP employee product and vendors discount program
HP is a fortune 100 company, the market leader in commercial personal systems and printing, driving innovation that empowers people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies such as 3D printing, immersive computing, hyper mobility, Internet of all things and smart machines.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top