Supply Chain Business Analytics
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Manages a broad range of moderately complex supply chain processes, such as inventory analysis and planning, demand management, logistics management, and import/export operations typically with a large or complex global business unit.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and develops recommendations.
- Independently executes the demand and supply matching activities, connecting planning to execution, and identifying issues and their impact.
- Drives backlog management.
- Gathers demand data from country, region and account managers to synthesize information using complex analyses, and delivers demand signals to the supply base to contribute to demand forecasting.
- Coordinates or leads regional and global business unit planning teams to maintain and enhance the current business processes.
- Reviews performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
- Communicates requirements and guidelines to the regional and global business unit planning teams.
- Mentors junior-level staff.
- Coordinates, develops, and manages a Regulatory Trade Compliance program.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in a supply chain function.
- Broker's license and/or 4-6 years of experience in a customs/global trade function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
- Very strong analytical and data modeling skills.
- Proven relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Strong project management skills to lead cross-functional teams; recognized as Subject Matter Expert.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Strong Understanding of HP's overall supply chain strategy.
- Extensive understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Available to Promise (ATP) and master scheduling.
- Good understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory analysis.
- Developed leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top