Supply Chain BI Consultant
Job Description for Supply Chain Reporting and Analytics Consultant
HPI is a proven leader in personal systems and printing, delivering innovations that empower people to create, interact, and inspire like never before. We leverage our strong financial position to extend our leadership in traditional markets and invest in exciting new technologies.
HP has an impressive portfolio and strong innovation pipeline across areas such as:
- Blended reality technology - our unique Sprout by HP will change the way people do things
- 3D printing
- multi-function printing
- Ink in the office
- tablets, phablets, notebooks
- mobile workstations
We are looking for visionaries who are ready to make an impact on the way the world works. At HP, the future is yours to create!
About the engagement
The Supply Chain Business Intelligence team within HP Inc Supply Chain Analytics Hub is focused at simplifying how information moves back and forth across various supply chain functions through collaboration and business processes. It is about an ecosystem of infrastructure, management solutions and workflows enabling information to work better for SC teams across businesses and regions.
This objective is to assess and understand the information and insights required and how the reporting and analytics team can assist to accelerate business collaboration and increase efficiency.
Supply chain BI Consultant would be joining the Supply Chain Analytics team within HP. S/he would work with HP's businesses on business intelligence reporting and analytical solutions development. Candidate would apply subject matter knowledge to develop and execute business critical reports, dashboards and scorecards. Candidate would also be involved in supply chain solution building as an expert on frontend GUI/ backend database to enable critical supply chain analytics delivery.
Drive supply chain planning related reports development and execution - help HP businesses to understand and generate dashboards, scorecards/reports, drill down/deep dive analysis of data related to units, orders, revenue, shipments, backlog, forecast etc. from various internal databases.
Develop new solutions & capabilities in the Supply chain domain based on white spaces & business requirements working closely with various delivery team members
Key responsibilities would include:
- Own the Supply Chain Reporting and Analytics deliverables for a region or business
- Focus on bringing value to the Output data and improving the input / coverage
- Focused towards the big picture of Analytics and ensuring the project moves up the value chain
- Develop the engagement; focus on building the Framework to help Supply Chain teams take strategic decisions.
- Proactive reporting & analytics methodology.
- Work with PPS Supply Chain business tether to create, track, analyze and execute on the Business Plans.
- Developing creative solutions in an unstructured environment
- Work with different stakeholders in the PPS Supply Chain teams to continuously improve the level of reporting and analysis
- Analyze and Implement business logic in scorecards/ dashboards
- Maintain high quality reporting and analysis
- Help team meet ISO standards and create Process maps, process docs for the engagement.
- Expertise in MS Access - Database Queries, Database Management
- Strong competency in VBA programming in MS Excel
- Very Good with MS Office. Ability to represent data through XL/PowerPoint / PDF
- Qlikview / Power BI knowledge and experience in developing dashboards is a must
- Software product development experience like front end technologies e.g. VB.NET, Java, PHP, or database skills like SQL language, SQL server, MS Access, MS Excel including macros, OLAP Cubes, VBA etc.)
- Supply chain domain knowledge in topics like - Demand Management, Inventory Management, Purchasing & Distribution is preferable
- Independent judgment to perform planning analysis, raise issues and concerns on the plan to propose action plans and solutions without coaching
- Experience in interacting with Senior/Sales Management
- Successful project management expertise. Must be strong at multi-tasking and ideally have experience with virtual cross functional teams
- Process mapping , documentation (for process and training)
- Strong analytical skills, and very detail-oriented.
- Good English & Communication skills needed
- Proactive & Result driven approach very important (with focus to optimize workflows and "get things done")
- Person needs to be a strong team player
- Ability to work flexible hours - method, organization & flexibility
- Intercultural & international awareness / experience
- Enthusiastic, motivated, positive, "CAN DO" attitude, Results focused
Experience & Background
- 7 -8 Years work experience in Reporting and Analytics.
- Experience in Desktop Application building for productivity / efficiency improvement in reporting.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Engineering, Systems, Computer Applications (MCA) or MBA in Sales and Marketing.
- At least 3 years of experience in Excel, Access, VBA coding, Macros.
- Must have a proven record of delivering technical solutions (working with multiple data sources, desktop automation projects)
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top