Supplies Security Validation Technician
In the HP Security validation labs we ensure the quality of the security features we use to protect our customers and the HP brand. This involves loading and running suites of tests to verify the Printer FW and Printer hardware perform as intended across a wide range of HP printers. All our validation testers are trained to a minimum of ISTQB Foundation Level on joining the team. Requirements for the role are as follows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The job content will include some of the following responsibilities:
- Primary role is to support the validation of HP security features though the use of detailed test instructions and identify any printer behavior which could impact the customer printing experience
- Take part in the initial test development process and improve the process over time to improve quality of test while reducing the test time required and improving test efficiency
- Identify areas for improvement in our overall test process flows
- Set up and run prototype hardware for initial Security testing as part of the overall printer and supplies development process
- Ensure supplies and printer FW work seamlessly providing our customers with a flawless experience.
- Make recommendations to improve test matrices to simulate supplies usage by our customers to ensure no corner case scenarios exist that may impact them.
- Run reliability tests to verify security features run seamlessly with printer FW over the lifetime of the printer and supply
- Document clearly all process steps used during test
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the key security teams and ensure clear communication of test results highlighting anomalies seen to ensure all potential bugs are detected and resolved
- Develop an atmosphere of continuous improvement and "Best in Class" processes and systems.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top