Supplies Sales Manager
The Supplies Sales Manager will lead a group of sales professionals and play a vital role in setting direction and managing deliverables of the team to achieve revenue, profit and growth objectives. This entails driving preference for HP supplies and solutions; engaging in important negotiations with key customers and resolving customer problems. This individual will develop strategic executive relationships externally with clients, partners, and internally within HP. Other responsibilities include managing the performance of individual contributors and the team overall, as well as growing and developing talent within the organization.
Managing the Business
- Strategic sales planning & implementation – Collaborates with internal and external parties to build well targeted business plans and strategies for allocating resources, generating pipeline and driving sales activities to advance market share/penetration, achieve revenue, margin and growth targets; effectively engages with all levels of Partners & Customers to assist in the positioning of HP Value proposition and best-in-class solutions.
- Account Planning – Leads sales resources to develop, execute and align with corporate sales strategy and manage growth focused business plans emphasizing sales activities, forecasts accurately and communicates sales progress to meet revenue goals/quotas; actively manages the internal process in support of sales reps and selling activities, including signing off on account business plans through scheduled reviews and updates.
- Route to Market Strategies – Develops and executes strategic plans to capture and grow HP brand supplies business utilizing knowledge of business motivators of various partners and routes to market and responding to market programs; creates channel & market programs that incent & reward partners and supplies suppliers to lead with HP
- Pipeline - Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipelines with field and channel teams to help ensure continuous population of near and long term opportunities to drive aftermarket growth and share; via usage data accelerates printer replacement and drive contract sales by focusing on win back and big deals; works alongside Field and Channel sales to develop and execute effective go-to-market strategies and customer facing initiatives.
- Deal management – Monitors and reviews deals to ensure soundness and problem-free processing by HP back-end operations; Contributes sound decision making on pricing, promotions and deal management with consideration of market conditions and competitive climate.
- Business acumen – Exhibits base level of business, financial and legal acumen to develop meaningful business recommendations; continuously monitors and improves area-of-control operations to ensure alignment with HPs business direction, the quality of business practices and optimum organization performance
- Competitive Positioning/Strategy – Uses competitive intelligence in account planning and sales activities to develop counter strategies that will neutralize competitive influence on the customer's buying decisions.
Leading & Managing Sales People
- Coaching & Performance Management – Assesses and manages employee performance/results, which includes coaching and supporting individuals through selling challenges to ensure individual and group excellence.
- Leadership – Lead with a growth mindset, focusing on driving a strong sales culture by modelling effective selling skills, motivating and supporting sales teams in the pursuit and closing of deals.
- People development – Sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
- Change management – Ability to work through an environment of change and effectively lead a sales team through transitions beyond their control.
Selling as a Sales Manager
- Focus on strategic direction – Understands the supplies business model and the overall HP strategic direction and portfolio; develops & executes plans that support long term, sustainable business and support sales teams in customizing solutions based on client needs.
- C-level partnering – Establishes and maintains enduring professional relationships and credibility with key partners such as IT and business executives to understand market condition and HP status within account, as well as to support other established relationships with the client
- Consultative selling – Strategizes and coaches team on how to apply consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for HP; prepares for client calls in partnership with sales teams and supports the efforts of the team during client meetings; ensures sales teams have access to other HP resources and encourages them to nurture relationships with client influencers and decision makers.
- Industry and client knowledge – Stays current with industry and competitive research and information to enable rich client dialogue; maintains an understanding of client business challenges, industry trends and markets; demonstrates the knowledge to position and map HP capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
Education and Experience Required
- Directly related management experience and work results including success in achieving progressively higher quota or other sales related goals.
- Demonstrated level of project management skills.
- University or Bachelor's degree.
- Typically 7+ years' experience in sales.
Knowledge and Skills
In addition to core selling skills:
- Ability to determine profitable opportunities and translate business goals into actionable business plans and strategies to meet revenue goals/quotes and advance the business interests of HP
- Experienced with tracking and managing rolling forecasts and budgets to ensure timely and accurate roll-ups
- Strong in building and implementing sales pipelines to ensure immediate wins and long-term profitability for HP
- Effective in set strategic sales priorities for sales team activities
- Committed to continuous improvement to ensure alignment with HP's business direction, the quality of business practices, optimum organizational performance and a highly motivated sales force
- Collaborate across HP within the field and channel to access, facilitate and direct the use of resources needed for effective selling
- Applies influence and organizational savvy to advances sales opportunities externally, with clients, and internally within HP
- Establish HP's account presence and extends the customer's account penetration to executive levels
- Actively drives key enterprise and strategic account activities – promotes vision and models executive relationship building practices to build enduring partnerships and account share/penetration for HP.
- Employs a sales process that ensures constant development, execution and review of sales strategy, client engagement, pipeline development, and close ratios
Workforce Management & Development
- Builds individual and group commitment to business goals and personal excellence through effective performance management
- Coaches and develops sales personnel in skill building activities and strategies to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
- Actively monitors, identifies and addresses sales and resource capability gaps to ensure adequate account coverage, employee retention, effective succession planning, and optimum implementation of workforce re- alignment models
- Attracts, nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain HP sales force excellence within area-of-control.
- Assesses account teams for strengths/challenges and strengthen the alignment of account-team activities and priorities with management's business mission and goals.
- Ability to balance between competing priorities while exhibiting flexibility and creativity
Strategic Business Planning
- Demonstrated success in managing the top- and bottom-line – aligning individual deals with group performance
- Effective in developing counter-measures and messages, such as shifting focus from "low- hanging," immediate wins to recognizing and providing incentives for large deals/wins.
- Understands industry drivers and the customer base better to bridge HP solutions with account-relevant problems and opportunities.
- Ability to build clear strategies to pursue and close major opportunities and stronger internal relationships to ensure seamless selling of total HP solutions
About HP Canada Co.
HP Canada Co. creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HP invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. HP Canada is Canada's most environmentally responsible IT company (www.hp.ca/environment) and is the only PC company on Canada's Greenest employers list.
Thank you for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended at any time.
HP Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity. Upon request by qualified candidates, accommodation of special needs may be considered during all stages of the selection process within the framework of the HP Accommodation Policy. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HP's Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top