Supplier Relationship Manager- Graphic Solutions Business, PageWide Industrial
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
As the Supplier Relationship Manager - GSB PWI Web Press, you will be working in PageWide Industrial's Web Press business unit, which is both an exciting and challenging place to work. Web Press is a young dynamic organization focused on delivering game-changing printing technology to various printing markets.
As part of the GSB Procurement team in Corvallis Oregon, you will have the opportunity to manage various suppliers in Web Press' global supply chain; initially with a heavy focus on NPI sourcing and supplier selection but also legacy suppliers supporting our mature press platforms. Knowledge of top-class sourcing practices, strong supplier performance management, and supply chain optimization techniques required.
This position will also need to provide a range of skill-sets and flexibility in job scope as they will be asked to lead cross-functional projects/programs to drive aggressive goals toward supply chain optimization including, but not limited to, cost and lead-time reductions, quality improvements, cross-functional leverages, efficiency enhancements, and more.
A successful candidate will be able to keep a positive, creative, can-do attitude in a diverse range of working environments. They will have a strong skill-set in collaboration, interpersonal skills, time-management and organizational ability. Diplomacy and professionalism a must. Ability to develop automated SharePoint sites and very strong excel skills strongly encouraged.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Leads a complex individual supply chain sub-category; including data and industry analysis; reports results to senior managers.
- May lead an international, cross-functional team.
- Meets with Stakeholder senior managers to understand business priorities and translate them into supply chain strategies; influence the industry and marketplace within moderately complex marketplace categories.
- Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling tools.
- Leads Supplier Selection Activities.
- Drives supply base optimization.
- Negotiates and completes contracts with complex suppliers.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of large, moderately complex suppliers.
- Partners with suppliers in minor strategic development.
- Provides input on risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operation strategies.
- Assesses current and evolving business models in the marketplace.
- Identifies challenging contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using known solutions.
- Advises senior level business leaders on contract risk areas.
- This role requires up to 25% travel.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in procurement or supply chain function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of global procurement processes, industry, and complex suppliers.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Strong knowledge, use and influence of procurement tools and applications.
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong Project Management Skills.
- Excellent team leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to create a contract from standard HP or customized contract templates with limited supervision.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify challenging contact risk areas.
- Capable of drafting contract solutions in known contract risk areas to obtain acceptable outcomes with limited supervision.
- Strong understanding of contracting principles.
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Strong ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Strong understanding of HP.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top