Supervisor Manufacturing Operations
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Typically supervises non-exempt individual contributors in single functional area. Provides immediate supervision to a small tactical team of non-exempt employees engaged in supporting the day-to-day efforts of the department. Employees are usually all direct reports. Requires mentoring and guidance on handling new situations. Escalates issues where known precedent has not been established.
- Responsible for manufacturing and remanufacturing activities for multiple product lines, ensuring that performance (inventory, cost, etc.) meets regional business requirements.
- Manages a team of non-exempt individual contributors; leads and coordinates daily activities.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Ensures the delivery of products and services that meet the performance metrics defined by next level management.
- Prepares monthly performance reports.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Engineering Diploma may be required in some countries.
- Typically 2+ years of experience in an operations function.
- Typically 0-2 years of project management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of factory floor, material or warehouse management systems and Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Knowledgeable of country specific legislative and regulatory compliance (e.g., import and export regulations; trade restrictions, EH&S).
- Utilizes the expertise of others as necessary
- Good qualitative and quantitative analytics and data modelling skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Good people management skills.
- Partnering skills (e.g. improving the day-to-day performance of internal and/or 3rd party partners).
- Familiarity with Lean Sigma or Quality Improvement methodologies.
Back to top