At HP, we exist to amaze.
Through the people we hire, the experiences we enable, the way we treat our customers and each other and ultimately through the technology we create.
We expect our employees to continuously reinvent and we aim for excellence through collaboration and believe that by melding the best and the brightest talent, enriched by diverse backgrounds and perspectives of every stripe, we can succeed in understanding what matters the most to our customers and to every individual across society.
We are looking for bright talented individuals who share these beliefs and values, are interested in continuous learning, and want to be part of something great.
Responsible for the development and implementation of all activities associated with operations of an R&D facility. Accountable for meeting customer quality systems goals and developing and achieving business goals. Drive new product and tooling introductions. Accountable for providing and managing staffing resources for facility operations and responsible for leading the organization during business escalations. Managers are also accountable for the performance of their reporting staff, which may include exempt, and non-exempt ICs. Additional responsibilities include project management, financial planning and management, driving staff personal development, vendor contract management, cross-functional team leadership, and partnering with global business units.
Job Skill Requirements:
- People leadership, development, and support of highly-skilled non-exempt individual contributors
- Maintaining a respectful, engaged, high performance environment
- Responsible for department and team safety, quality, delivery, and engagement
- Management Expert for Advanced Development Support
- General Direction and Complex Research Activities Supervision
- Business Plan and Strategic Partner for RnD Operations
- Cross Functional Experts on Advanced Resources Capabilities, e.g., Designers, Maintenance Technicians, and associated R&D tools (Lasers, X-Ray, SEM's, etc.)
- Focal Point of Escalation & Solutions for Site Infrastructure Partners
- Implementation Ownership for Advance Development Concepts &Techniques
- Documentation management
- Cost location budget and spend management
- Contract management
- Cross functional team leadership and participation expected
- Does not require day-to-day supervision, and has the ability to handle most unique situations.
- BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience in an R&D or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated excellent leadership, people management, and communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration, partnering, and project management skills
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Equipment Maintenance or Equipment Engineering experience
- Familiarity with research equipment and techniques associated with Lasers, X-Ray, SEM's, etc
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Financial management experience
- Contract management experience
- PC experience including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoints, Workday, SPC tools
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top