Stratetgy, Planning & Operations Manager
Would you like to contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas in Media, Analytics & Insights? Do you successfully operate in the most complex disciplines? Do you have any experience leading large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives? Do you routinely exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives or develop strategy and sets functional policy and direction? The Media, Analytics & Insights Strategy & Planning team is looking for a strategic thinker who can help develop marketing framework, and lead strategic initiatives. This role will report directly to the Head of Strategy, planning and operations.
The Media, Analytics & Insights Strategy & Planning team is looking for a strategic thinker who can help develop marketing framework, and lead strategic initiatives. This role will report directly to the Head of Strategy, planning and operations.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage statistical analysis and financial modeling.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge within at multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team- building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Drive an effective operational cadence across Media, Analytics & Insights organization, manage strategic projects, and support the organization as a primary liaison with the teams
- Responsible for planning/coordinating leadership activities including defining, implementing and managing an operating cadence for the organization, including content (dashboards, metrics, internal/external presentations)
- Responsible for identifying, framing and realizing strategic initiatives for the organization that can lead to breakthroughs in operational excellence and GTM innovation.
- Drive annual marketing planning process.
- Drive both quarterly business reviews that are held within the organization, as well as preparation for reviews that Dan is part of with senior management
- Develops recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Manages cross functional projects for virtual teams.
- Leads the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consults with business executives on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities.
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborates across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and divisional approaches, systems, information and support.
Education and Experience Required:
- Management consulting highly desired
- Achieved planned financial results within a business at a region/area, business segment, or industry level.
- 8-12 years' total experience. 4-7 years post- advanced degree experience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research.
- MBA highly desired, or advanced university degree. Bachelor's degree required.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top