Strategy & Planning Manager – Mobile Workstations
HP is recognized worldwide as a market leader in Workstation products that focus on delivering rich
experiences and innovation for all key vertical customer segments. Our world-class solutions deliver unique features and experiences that delight our customers and ultimately help them be more productive. The HP Workstations Business Unit is a high-energy, fast-paced, dynamic organization that provides an exciting and rewarding growth environment within HP. As the Workstation segment continues to evolve, we must insure that our products remain highly innovative, deliver the utmost in performance and reliability, and continue to set the bar high to remain ahead of the competition.
In this role, you will be responsible for strategy and planning for the Mobile Workstation portfolio. We are looking for an individual with an innovative spirit and passion for technology - and strength in customer and market insights. This individual will also own future technology roadmaps and continually monitor and report on the competitive landscape.
- Share and align Lean, UX and Design Thinking expertise and knowledge across HP communities to promote and implement the cultural change.
- Maintain knowledge of trends in the industry that affect the strategy/direction of the product line/line of services or solutions.
- Suggest strategy changes internally and with external partners.
- Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/ solutions.
- Seen as an expert in the products/services/solutions and regularly is called on to defend the benefits in front of customers or partners.
- Regularly recommend product/service/solution strategic direction to management.
- Propose innovative solutions to enhance sales of the product lines or line of services/solutions.
- Collaborate effectively with team members across multiple groups, including regional teams, marketing, engineering R&D.
- Partner with product planning and segment teams to ensure a strong story and strategy for go-to-market and external launch messaging and positioning.
- Monitor competition and prepare competitive analyses.
- Evangelize and champion for Mobile Workstations, and serve as the expert for customer reviews, marketing communications, event participation, and AR/PR opportunities, etc...
- Clearly communicate Mobile Workstation category, portfolio, and strategy to customers, management, regions, and external teams and partners.
- Work closely with R&D to improve efficiency of product development, processes, and workflows.
- Coach and support Mobile Workstation team members on implementing customer-centric innovation methodologies through the entire product cycles: from concept discovery to new product launch
- MBA and Bachelor's Degree in engineering/technology (or strong/extensive technical background), and an MBA.
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing and/or product management.
- Demonstrated business acumen for product management and proven ability to apply marketing fundamentals.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and demonstrated ability to influence and persuade.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to learning and personal growth.
- Demonstrated drive, confidence and risk taking.
- Proven ability to prioritize among multiple demands, and gather adequate information toward making timely decisions.
- Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and suggest viable alternatives.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships.
- Handles objections and disagreements professionally and supported with facts.
- Must be able to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with changing objectives, ambiguous situations, and priority interrupts.
Candidate key attributes:
- Experienced: Strong knowledge of the Workstation industry, vertical customer segments, technologies, and marketing practices.
- Visionary: Industry savvy, drives out-of-the-box thinking, and develops solid action plans. Naturally curious, constantly looking for innovative ways to improve customer experiences.
- Energetic: Has personal positive energy, passionate, builds trusting relationships, communicates with impact, and strives for a high-performance environment.
- Execution: Prioritized, organized & detail-oriented, negotiates effectively and leverages team work, strong work ethic, delivers on expectations, and extremely proactive and productive.
- Edge: Bold, decisive and communicates with clarity to all levels of management and team members. Sets the bar high for him/her and other individuals around them to contribute to overall business results.
- Ethics: Trustworthy, demonstrates integrity and respect for others in every interaction.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top