Strategy & Operations Lead - Chief of Staff
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Home Supplies & Brand Protection (HS | BP) provides insights to the Printing business to influence strategy, business model innovation, and protection of HP's supplies brand and intellectual property. Reporting to the Home Supplies | Brand Protection Director, the Strategy & Operations Lead plays a key role in driving operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as the strategic alignment and integration of activities across the various functions within HS | BP. In this dynamic and visible role, the S&O Lead will also work with other cross-functional stakeholders in the Global Business Units and Regions, championing large, cross-functional teams and projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives as well as championing all war-gaming activities across the organization. The ideal candidate will work independently through one's own initiative and will also excel at working collaboratively and with employees at all levels of the organization. This is a unique opportunity to accelerate your career, working on cross functional initiatives, applying an entrepreneurial mindset and expanding your network across, regions, R&D, Finance, Marketing and Strategy etc.
- Acts as a thought partner to the HS|BP Director to operationalize strategies through the thoughtful planning and execution of short and long-term initiatives.
- Manages relationships with senior management stakeholders to understand business drivers & priorities, developing the execution strategy to achieve business requirements.
- Acts as primary point of contact for cross-functional engagements and partnerships (e.g. w/ Government Relations)
- Leads and coordinates complex analytics and research focused activities like scenario planning across countries or war games.
- Creates an effective teamwork environment working in close collaboration with HS|BP staff members and extended staff members.
- Using a systems-thinking approach to business challenges, develops clear, succinct and compelling content for executive-level presentations and communications.
- Plans and facilitates delivery of Staff Meetings, F2F Staff Meetings, and all employee Coffee Talks. Maintains HS|BP longer-range calendar of events and other key activities.
- Responsible for driving budget management and associated activities on a quarterly and annual basis for overall organization. Analyzes financial performance and provides actionable insights to influence the business and drive efficiencies.
- Handles complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixes long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands on the operations.
- Drives continuous improvement of operational processes to drive a high-performance organization.
- Drives special projects on an as-needed basis that will vary between short term ( 3months).
Education and Experience Required:
- 10 + years' experience in diverse range of business functions with technical experience preferred
- BS in Engineering or related field
- Masters in Business, Strategy, or other related field, preferred
- Proven track record of project/program management including leading cross-functional initiatives
- Strong analytical skills and Excel capabilities
- Systems thinker: integrating multiple sources of information to derive actionable insights
- Ability to independently prepare presentations, make recommendations and develop change management strategies
- Ability to analyze/summarize content into a compelling format to influence business leaders
- Ability to work independently and exercise strong judgment to effectively prioritize activities and deliverables within a dynamic landscape
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and quality of deliverables; demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities (both long and short term) simultaneously
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to work within a fluid, constantly changing environment
- Highly developed collaboration, relationship building, and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with/influence across functions within the organization to achieve actionable results through others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills, and group facilitation
- Ability to communicate complex or abstract ideas clearly and succinctly
- Knowledge of printing industry (players, trends and motivators), writing systems, and printing technology knowledge preferred
Back to top