Strategy & Development Analyst
Planning & Operations Specialist
Personal Systems Global Operations is seeking an Executive Operations Planner to support the Office of the Global Head of PSGO. In this role, you will report to the Global Head's Business Planning Manager, but will work with both the Global Head, his support team, PSGO Staff and the supporting teams of PSGO Staff in driving operational efficiency and effectiveness, strategic alignment and integration of activities with all organizational functions across PSGO and the larger Supply Chain and PS GBU organization.
In summary, this is a highly dynamic and scalable role that serves a trusted go-to resource for PSGO, who gets things done and works effectively across the organization. It's also a role designed to develop Program Management and Executive Communications skills, as well as refine the ability of the Operations Planner to effectively operate and influence at the highest levels of PSGO with many opportunities to learn and grow.
The specific responsibilities of the role focuses on both strategic and tactical management of the operational workflow for the PSGO Global Head's Office:
- Responsibility for driving the annual budget planning and monthly/quarter end-close budget management activities
- Driving process automation, a better operating cadence, clear expectations of deliverables and better discipline overall with respect to our Budget Planning/Management cycles
- Partner with the PSGO BPM to equip the Global Head to lead effectively in key executive meetings by program managing/coordinating executive communications content, and running prep sessions with all required staff/content owners.
- Partner with Executive Assistant to the Global Head, PSGO BPM, and PSGO One Team Site Leads to prepare internal communications content that will equip the PSGO Global Head to address topics relevant to PSGO employees at each site
- Responsibility for enabling an automated metrics dashboard with data visualization to report tier one metrics for monthly staff, quarterly accomplishments and annual metrics refresh for the next fiscal year
- Responsibility for managing the PSGO BPM forum in partnership with PSGO BPM - agendas, meeting facilitation, action item follow-up
- Partner with PSGO BPM to equip the Global Head on communicating the right content at the right time, that's most relevant to PSGO employees in the form of Global All Employee Meetings, Global All Managers Meetings and PSGO Newsletter Drive continuous improvement of operational processes to drive a high-performance organization.
- Responsible for driving special projects on an as-needed basis which could include, but are not limited to: managing the development of a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan for Personal Systems, participating in special initiative core teams on behalf of Personal Systems, driving objectives and transition plans for migrating Personal Systems to new workflow management tools (ie: Microsoft Teams)
Education and Experience Required
- Typically, 5+ years of relevant experience, including experience in Finance/Budget Management, complex Project Management, Staff or Event Operations
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent financial acumen
- Strong analytical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel, preferably with demonstrated knowledge of macro development and data visualization
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex data/details into a powerful story within Powerpoint for varying audience levels
- Supply Chain Knowledge a plus
- High energy, positive/can-do attitude
- Highly developed collaboration, relationship building, and communication skills - excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills, and group facilitation.
- Proven track record of project/program management including leading cross-functional initiatives
- Proven ability to work with/influence across functions within the organization to achieve actionable results through others
- Ability to work independently and exercise strong judgment to effectively prioritize activities and deliverables within a dynamic landscape to maximize efficiency and limit churn among the leadership team and their support staff
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and quality of deliverables; demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities (both long and short term) simultaneously
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to work within a fluid, constantly changing environment
- Ability to synthesize complex data into a simple message for executive discussion and decision making
- Innovative and creative approach to solving problems (“think outside the box” mentality)
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top