Strategy and Planning
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for multiple workstreams or projects.
- Manages the development of financial and statistical models, structures analytical approaches, and oversees the data-gathering process.
- Selects key information and conclusions to develop a comprehensive set of recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Manages cross-functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Manages the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consults with business leaders on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process and related projects.
- Independently drafts and presents client deliverables, recommendations and communication strategies.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 5-8 years work experience. Often 2 years post' advanced degree experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or mergers and acquisitions. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to summarize abstract ideas clearly and independently manage project objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Developed business acumen and technical knowledge within at least two business units.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation and interviewing skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Developed leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to project objectives.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top