Strategist Program Manager, SW Engineering
Our company vision is to create technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. HP Inc. was reborn in 2015 as a worldwide leader in personal systems and printing, with a legacy of innovation and the heart of a start-up. We are agents of change in the industry with innovative PC designs, 3D printing, Augmented Reality, Security features, and others. The HP FitStation initiative is an ambitious project that uses software to revolutionize footwear business - an industry that has not changed in 150 years - by introducing an online cloud based platform which connects different businesses and enables Design-to-Manufacturing of custom products. FitStation focusses on customized products, currently footwear, but in the future any custom product that can be produced out of biometrical and other data. From this initial product, we are reusing the technological building blocks into accelerating various other solutions.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER / PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
We are in search of a principal technical software program manager for FitStation.
This particular role is a wide one - where he/she will work with different globally distributed engineering teams, product management and QA.
The role involves picking responsibility to drive the whole program execution from high level initiatives and Epics to final, verified SW deliverables.
Important personality traits are clarity in communication, good technical skills, ownership, spreading of knowledge of common functions, good technical judgement, decision making and great attention to detail s .
In terms of technical skills, knowledge of Cloud SW, applications and embedded software are needed.
- Creating SW execution strategies for the program(s)
- Supporting Product Management with product definition and requirement creation
- Driving increment and release planning and overall program scheduling
- Responsible for breaking down software execution into smaller building blocks
- Cross groups & functions coordination, managing dependencies and unblocking teams
- Driving program checkpoints and milestone reviews and system demos
- Program status reporting
- Risk Management
- Supporting SW teams with bug and backlog grooming
- Communication/r esponsible for spreading knowledge across various teams.
- Working with QA t eams to define scope of testing and automation
- Defining t elemetry to create and maintain o perational m etrics
- Responsible for different compliance initiatives like security and privacy
- Contributing to PSSW level Software development tools and processes improvement initiatives
- Needs to be hands on to solve issues coming in production - especially when debugging involves multiple teams.
- BA/BS or advanced degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Experience of 12+ years in Software Domain.
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience in Cloud Software and Deployments
- Experience in Cloud Native Technologies
- Experience in leading software programs or teams.
- Experience in managing different vendors and partners
- Experience with large, cross-site, multi-geography teams.
- Experience in delivering and maintaining software to production environments.
- Experience of AWS services
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Experience with Architecture - Micro-services
- Experience with highly scalable cloud based software
- Experience with large scale deployments
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Karla F.COO Chief of Staff
Karla assists with the coordination of every project HP’s COO undertakes, ranging from strategy, IT, and procurement to real estate, customer support, and more.
Back to top