Strategist - Emerging & New Technologies
HP's Technology Vision and Strategy Team works with HP's Executive Leadership Team and the company's business groups to drive technology vision through to corporate technology strategy. We help our business translate long-term megatrends and disruptive technologies into actionable strategies for impact in current, emerging and new opportunity areas.
Come join HP, the founding company in Silicon Valley. We are looking for talented and highly motivated people to join the Technology Vision and Strategy Team within the company's Office of CTO.
As a senior strategist, you'll work with members of the CTO organization, HP Labs, and Business Units to drive HP's corporate technology vision into actionable strategies and choice points. You'll leverage our long-term megatrends to inform and drive strategy by:
- Developing trusted partner relationships with key business unit stakeholders to provide tech strategy coverage
- Conduct ecosystem and market landscaping assessments in fast emerging technology areas including voice, virtual / augmented reality, and artificial intelligence, to name a few.
- Translate assessments in strategies with actionable choice points and recommendations for execution with market partners and technologies
- Drive pan-HP strategic "conversations" and discussion on emerging and future technology areas, and
- Help drive and lead development of new product / business value propositions, business plans & cases, and actionable choice point proposals in key technology areas including white space opportunities.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for multiple workstreams or projects.
- Manages the development of financial and statistical models, structures analytical approaches, and oversees the data-gathering process.
- Selects key information and conclusions to develop a comprehensive set of recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Manages cross-functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Manages the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consults with business leaders on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process and related projects.
- Independently drafts and presents client deliverables, recommendations and communication strategies.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 5-8 years work experience. Often 2 years post' advanced degree experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or mergers and acquisitions. Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to summarize abstract ideas clearly and independently manage project objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Developed business acumen and technical knowledge within at least two business units.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation and interviewing skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Developed leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to project objectives.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top