Strategic Workforce Planner
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Workforce Strategy, Planning and Analytics team is part of HP's amazing HR Function. As a CoE, we strive for operational excellence in the workforce planning processes and analytics capabilities that help our Business and HR leaders plan their workforce. We partner with all organizations across HP in developing labor strategies and workforce plans that enable business strategies through having the people they need, in the right places, with the right skills, at the right time and cost to enable the business strategies.
The role: Strategic Workforce Planner
We leverage data and business acumen to formulate insights and perspectives that influence labor strategies and workforce plans. We work closely with Finance, HR, Strategy and, most importantly, our various Businesses as we strategize and optimize how we shape our workforce for the future. The ideal candidate demonstrates the ability to use data, analytics and consulting skills to provide innovative solutions and insights to enable informed workforce decisions. Expertise in management consulting, business planning, financial planning or strategic planning is highly desired.
Primary responsibilities include any of the following:
- Leads the end to end Workforce Planning, Strategy and Analytics activities for an organization including, but not limited to: long range and annual headcount capacity planning, restructuring PoR setting, labor and location strategy development, headcount forecasting, hiring requisition controls, and ad hoc workforce analyses.
- Acts as the primary interface with Business HR, Business Finance and Business Strategy & Planning in shaping labor strategies, workforce location strategies and budget aligned workforce plans
- Leads the development of global workforce plans by incorporating business strategies, financial goals, and human capital requirements.
- Ensures that appropriate process controls and visibility mechanisms are in place to support plan execution; Drives appropriate interventions with the business to mitigate plan risks.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex strategic workforce initiatives.
- Performs analyses and interpretation/evaluation of workforce information (internal and external) to deliver data driven insights and/or strategic recommendations.
- Contributes to diagnostic and reactive workforce planning activities to address ad hoc business issues or inquiries.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong strategic and analytical thinker able to structure, and independently drive multiple strategic workforce programs/deliverables in collaboration with HR executives and business executives.
- Superior business and financial acumen.
- Strong relationship management skills, including proactive partnering and consulting, with proven ability to collaborate with and achieve results through others.
- Ability to independently draft and present executive level deliverables and strategic recommendations.
- Ability to create, curate and analyze large data sets.
- Ability to leverage analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, executive messaging and influence.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change, as well as balance multiple priorities.
- Be a thought leader that actively contributes ideas to help customers, partners, leaders and peers think outside of the box.
- First level university degree; High preference for MBA or advanced university degree in business.
- 10+ years of experience leading projects and initiatives in strategy, management consulting, business operations, or financial planning, in a workforce planning or strategic HR role preferred
- Preferably 5+ years of work experience in business planning and strategy at a Global/Corporate/Function Level, or in a top-tier management consulting firm.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Extensive experience with data analysis
- Strong communications, program/project management and people management skills
Back to top