Strategic Workforce Planner
The organization: Workforce Strategy, Planning and Analytics
The Workforce Strategy, Planning and Analytics team is part of HP's amazing HR Function. As a CoE, we strive for operational excellence in the workforce planning processes and analytics capabilities that help our Business and HR leaders plan their workforce. We partner with all organizations across HP in developing labor strategies and workforce plans that enable business strategies through having the people they need, in the right places, with the right skills, at the right time and cost to enable the business strategies.
The role: Strategic Workforce Planner
We leverage data and business acumen to formulate insights and perspectives that influence labor strategies and workforce plans. We work closely with Finance, HR, Strategy and most importantly our various Businesses as we strategize and optimize how we configure our workforce for the future. The ideal candidate is excited about being part of our team's mission to use data, analytics and consulting skills to provide innovative solutions and insights to enable informed workforce decisions.
Primary responsibilities include any of the following:
- Lead and / or contribute to projects focused on evolving Company-wide workforce planning processes and capabilities to ensure process effectiveness and efficiency
- Collaborate with executives across the company (business, HR, finance, etc) in the strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring of workforce plans. Builds and presents presentation to HR and business executives.
- Provide superior analyses and interpretation/evaluation of workforce information and metrics to deliver data driven insights and recommended actions.
- Monitor business progress against the execution of workforce plans and ensures plans are aligned with corporate principles.
- Apply superior subject matter expertise in internal and external workforce trends to evaluate workforce plans, identify gaps and propose solutions to Human Resource (HR) and business/function executives.
- Manage positive relationships with HR, Finance and the business in the implementation of companywide planning initiatives and workforce strategic planning.
- Contribute to diagnostic and reactive workforce planning activities to address business issues or inquiries.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical thinker that is able to help structure and independently drive strategic workforce planning projects horizontally across the workforce planning function.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend high level business requirements, develop and implement strategies and processes to address those requirements.
- Ability to leverage analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Strong financial acumen of the connection between labor and business budgets (financial management, planning and analysis capability)
- Strong relationship management skills, including proactive partnering and consulting
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and able to effectively up-level messaging to an exec audience
- Solid program/project management skills with a proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management with particular experience interacting at the Executive levels
- Be, both, a thinker and doer that self manages and pushes to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to handle ambiguity and change as well as balance multiple priorities (both long and short term)
- Sense of humor and the ability to develop collaborative relationships quickly in order to hit the ground running.
- Bachelor's degree mandatory
- Master's degree preferred but not required
- 10+ years experience in business operations/strategy, HR analytics/workforce planning/business partner, or finance, and preferably 3-5+ years of work experience in business planning and strategy at a Global and / or Corporate/Function Level
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong communications, program/project management and people management skills
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top