Strategic Planner I Chief of Staff - HP Supplies Business
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Supplies Business Organization is one of the largest business units within HP Print. As Strategic Business Planner & Chief of Staff, you will report directly to the Global Head and General Manager of the WW HP Supplies Business. In this role, you will be accountable for staff efficiency, executive presentations, communications, reporting and special projects. You will work on a global scale, working closely with Print GBUs and Regional partner organizations.
- Facilitate the priority setting and scorecard reporting processes for the organization. Drive the Staff's annual priority setting process, work across the staff members to define objective performance metrics for each priority, establish a quarterly calendar of scorecard reporting and facilitate periodic progress and status reviews.
- Equip the Org leader to participate and lead effectively in key executive meetings and events by monitoring the Print and Supplies Business calendar, preparing requested materials, and coordinating with stakeholders as required. Coordinate meeting logistics, materials and preparation activities for executive leadership meetings and external engagements.
- Develops clear, succinct and compelling content for executive-level presentations and communications
- Manages relationships with other Executive teams, and prioritizes initiatives and requirements
- Create an effective teamwork environment through facilitation of Staff meetings, close collaboration and alignment across Staff members and extended Staff members.
- Maintain the key meetings calendar, update and distribute regularly to ensure 100% staff participation.
- Plan and facilitate delivery of the weekly virtual Staff Meetings, F2F Staff Meetings, and Quarterly All Employee Meetings. Schedule meetings for each fiscal year, design agendas, coordinating content preparation and facilitate discussion, document meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- Provide support for org executive communications. Draft org announcements and messages to employees, design and coordinate creation of all Supplies executive presentations.
- Support activities related to communications avenues including Supplies Business website, Connect@hp, Week in Review and Daily Inc. Actively monitor and analyze employee and target audience feedback to enhance communication effectiveness including review of event survey responses, pulse survey data and web utilization metrics, as available.
- Handles complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixes long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands on the operations
- Deals with highly confidential information and acts as a liaison between the L2 and Executive Team and other constituencies, both internal and external
- Collaborates with and achieves actionable results through others, builds strong and sustainable relationships and interacts with all levels of the organization
- Serves as an advisor to senior leadership to influence business planning and strategic direction of the business, including overall organizational practices, long-term goals, and operating models.
- Drives strategic planning, cost savings planning and operational efficiency.
- Participates with cross-functional teams and management to identify and improve overall effectiveness
- Works closely with other Print GBU's, horizontals and regional partners to align strategy, presentations, information and support
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or MS in related discipline preferred
- 10+ years' experience in a diverse range of business functions in a high tech environment
- Background in management consulting, business planning, corporate strategy and market research a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage statistical analysis and financial modeling.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, results oriented with demonstrated experience in managing complex programs and projects in a large, global, matrixed organization.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge within at multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team- building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to independently draft presentations, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Ability to influence senior HP management
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Research Engineer, HP Labs
Alex conducts in-depth research and experimentation for various HP departments, allowing the company to create consumer-worthy products that disrupt the industry and change lives around the world.
Back to top