Strategic Planner, China market
Strategic planners are the foundation of any marketing project, and provide the team with information gleaned from studying markets, culture and human behavior for relevant data. We are seeking a high level strategic planner to become a key member of our team. This individual will help crystallize marketing insights, collaborate with our agencies along with the country marketing and the business unit to help create communication and marketing approaches that will help build a consistent creative narrative/platform.
As the strategic planner, this person will be responsible for helping craft marketing and communication strategy, agency briefs, and analyzing marketing efforts to optimize in real time.
You'll be keeping your finger on the pulse of social trends at all times and developing insightful understanding of how to grab people's attention, influence them and subtly help them to develop a relationship with a brand and our campaigns.
Working as a strategic planner you'll:
- liaise with internal partners to identify specific business problems and develop ideas;
- communicate with colleagues within the agency, such as creatives and account managers, in the process of developing a campaign;
- gain a comprehensive context for advertising strategies by analyzing a range of information in great detail, including demographics, socio-economics and the market for the client's product and market share;
- commission research from outside organizations to inform advertising strategies, using both qualitative methods, such as focus groups and structured interviews, and quantitative methods, such as demographic profiling and questionnaires; run research groups;
- find an 'angle' on a specific product or service on which to base an advertising campaign;
- research the product or service to be advertised, which may involve gaining technical or specific knowledge;
- reconcile the differences between consumers' current perceptions of the brand and the way the client wishes the brand to be perceived;
- meet the internal partner to learn the background of the brand and advise on possible approaches to the target market;
- provide the creative team with a clearly defined brief that contains concise information on the product, audience and strategy;
- present conclusions and ideas to clients and other agency staff;
- ability to work with a range of market and research information
Preferred Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have at least 6+ years of work experience in strategic planning at a global agency.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage the execution of marketing research projects, generate customer and market insights, and tie these insights to actionable business recommendations
- Excellent communications, storytelling, and influencing skills
- Experience in communicating and collaborating with business partners
- Highly proficient with Excel, Power Point and rest of MS Office
- BS/BA in marketing or related field
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Creativity and imagination; ability to think strategically
- Experience in creative development either from a corporate or agency side
- Foundational knowledge of marketing research methodologies
- A combination of analytical skills, curiosity and a strong interest in people
- Foundational understanding of consumers and of business end-users
- Consultative skills to define key internal stakeholder needs and questions
- Interface effectively with multiple levels of internal customers
- the ability to work as part of a team and listening skills when dealing with consumers, clients and colleagues;
- Foundational knowledge of business strategy principles, practices, tactics and tools
- Tolerance for ambiguity and multiple overlapping deadlines
- Excellent influencing, consensus-building and conflict-resolution skills
- Knowledge of marketing research vendor management, agency practices and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- The ability to work under pressure
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top