Strategic Financial Planner - Long Term Planning Team Lead
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. (TCP review board required in TCP families)
- Develops recommendation from complex data and business analyses and formulates them into business plans.
- Drives the construction of highly innovative statistical and financial models to analyze new aspects of business performance.
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and recommends the go-forward strategy to address performance gaps.
- Leads highly complex, time- sensitive market research projects and identifies compelling trends and opportunities for business leaders.
- Staffs and manages cross- functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Drives all aspects of priority projects and makes final team decisions.
- Develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities as partners with client business leaders.
- Develops and drives comprehensive business plan recommendations, based on analysis, emerging trends, and experience.
- Identifies or develops cutting- edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
- Counsels business leaders, recommends approaches for executing high-level strategies and develops creative solutions
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 10+ years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of research methodology for the most challenging business issues.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches and insights.
- Extensive knowledge of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Superior business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
- Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.
Meet Some of HP's Employees
Elizabeth focuses on the HP consumer experience, scaling best practices across premium consumer notebooks, testing products before public release, and crafting the compelling story of their design and performance for press workshops.
Back to top