Strategic Development Manager
At HP, talent is our criteria. Join us in reinventing the standard for diversity and inclusion. Bring your awesomeness, and just be you!
The Supply Chain Business Analytics Center of Excellence team is looking for a bright new member to help us partner with regional supply chain, category, finance, and GBU teams to drive best in class analytics. We need an expert level individual with great analytical, problem solving, and communication skills who is self-driven to achieve a stated objective by working with multiple teams to determine the best path forward.
This person will apply advanced subject matter knowledge in the areas of orders, shipments, forecast, financial plans, and market share plans to solve complex problems and will be regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Provides expertise to project teams, leading business requirements management and data validation related activities. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Independently develops solutions for a project, including managing complex issues, by applying in-depth supply chain and industry knowledge.
- Interprets data received from various teams and develops recommendations that optimize performance.
- Participates in supply chain projects from planning through to execution and provides findings resulting from project execution.
- Works across multiple regions and businesses; works horizontally and vertically.
- Decision-making implications extend cross-functionally.
- Collaborates and influences across regions and business units.
- Manages quantitative and qualitative business models and analyses to support proactive supply chain operation activities & priority projects.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees
- Requirements management (defining, analyzing, documenting, confirming completion)
- Manages requirements for internally led projects (i.e. Build/Burn, Attainment reporting, Forecast Accuracy)
- Represents team requirements for externally led projects (i.e. Global ERP)
- Leads and assists in data validation and reconciliation among multiple systems and sources
- Assesses ability to turn off manual feeds and replace with auto feeds through analysis and data reconciliation
- Develops and documents business process models, requirements, specifications, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of experience in a supply chain function.
- Demand planning experience a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; mastery in English and local language
- Advanced team and project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge across multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications, technologies, and emerging industry trends
- Ability to operate independently and follows through on actions
- Strong leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management
Back to top